• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Home security: BEWARE of Vivint Cameras Recording in the Background and Maintaining Video Backups Even When Deleted

    Home security: BEWARE of Vivint Cameras Recording in the Background and Maintaining Video Backups Even When Deleted


    BEWARE of Vivint Cameras Recording in the Background and Maintaining Video Backups Even When Deleted

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Raspberry Pi and security cameras

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    I don't like cloud cameras, because I don't trust thee vendor... so I was thinking if some of you used a good camera (night vision, motion detection etc) with a raspberry pi. In this way, you can upload/store the stream to a raspberry and then send it to your personal cloud storage...

    Is any of you made a system like that? is it feasible?

    submitted by /u/mx16p
    [link] [comments]

    Are there MacBook Air 13 inch 2020 privacy screens that don't make the screen darker?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I just got a computer upgrade--MacBook Air 13 inch--and I'm a counselor so I bought a privacy screen, however, I don't like it. It makes my screen too dark. It also is magnetic at the top, but it just hangs at the bottom. Are there any privacy screens that don't darken your screen?

    I was also disappointed that the keyboard protector doesn't allow the backlighting to show through.

    This is what I bought.

    submitted by /u/lacefishnets
    [link] [comments]

    Need help. Looking for the best DIY alarm system + professional monitoring.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Have a unifi camera system, so don't care about camera or other smart home integrations. Do I get Ring? Simplisafe? Abode? Seems ring is cheapest hardware and monitoring.

    Open to feedback and suggestions!

    submitted by /u/FitIndividual3
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor Camera Suggestion

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Hello All,

    I need a high resolution camera for the front of my house. I have two ring floodlights for the side and back of my house they work great.

    However I want something that is always recording at the front of my house. Something that has very good night vision and never misses a beat.

    I was going to purchase the google nest outdoor "iq" (whatever the hell that means" but I want to ask around first. I live in the city and my car got broken into last night, I just want a nice camera for our block.

    I want something with a lot of redundancy, in case WiFi or Ethernet cuts out. Maybe a camera that's always recording and overwrites itself once the sd card fills up etc. also a camera that has an app.

    Any recommendations would be very appreciated, thank you in advance 🙏

    submitted by /u/bussakap187
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the MIPC web app keep freezing up on me?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    I am using 3 LeFun cams and 1 HeimVision cam on the MIPC app for windows 10 and they all keep freezing up. It's been like that since the alleged DDoS attack the US had a few days ago.

    submitted by /u/MrOptiX
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for just door sensors and hub(s).

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:47 AM PDT

    I already have cameras around my house, my doors are all secured, but my hvac system is loud, and it would be impossible to hear if a door was opening. I wanted to have 2 security hubs and 3 door sensor. That could be armed/disarmed remotely. What company offers quality product for a fair price?

    submitted by /u/FAK3-News
    [link] [comments]

    Most robust IFTTT in DIY Security system

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    I'm upgrading my alarm system from iSmartAlarm to something else, but I have invested in Wyze cam and sensors and Eufy doorbell. I realize Eufy doesn't do IFTTT, but Wyze and iSmartAlarm do, so I like the idea of creating my own system where I use triggers from different platforms and can control with Alexa.

    Also, I'm contemplating the idea of moving to a no-contract professional monitoring option.

    What companies are out there that have a good variety of IFTTT options, pro monitoring and no contract?

    a company with Celullar option is desirable too in case someone wants to try to be smart and cut a coax cable.

    I got ads about SimpliSafe and Cove and got interested in those, but realized they don't integrate with IFTTT...

    thoughts?

    submitted by /u/nandology
    [link] [comments]

    NEWBY to home camera security - Hikvision

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    Newby to the whole home camera security scene.

    I was originally going to go for something a little more basic, like purchasing a kit from a retail store, but I think it is probably worth spending the extra $ to get decent/future-proof equipment.

    I am currently looking at getting 6 cameras. I have been looking at the Hikvision 4k 8mp DS-2CD2185FWD-I

    I probably need a little help understanding the NVR side of things. I want the cameras set up by themselves so not interested in a NAS setup or blue iris, so I am thinking NVR is my best option. Now I need to understand a bit better what would work with these cameras? Are they just plug and play over POE? I was looking at the NVR-108MH-P8. Is this a decent NVR, are there better options in this price range?

    Now how to do I get the best out of these cameras? They will be recording 24/7 however is it possible for there to be some form of identification marked on the recording when it recognises motion? Or is this not possible?

    Is the Hik-connect app any good?

    Any help would be super appreciated.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/stu_9
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment