• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Home security: Home security for a small 1bedroom with 2 entry ways (Advice)

    Home security: Home security for a small 1bedroom with 2 entry ways (Advice)


    Home security for a small 1bedroom with 2 entry ways (Advice)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    My fiance and I recently got a new apartment, and we have discussed a camera system of some kind so that i can kind of monitor the place when we're at work. I'm looking for something relatively affordable that could mostly monitor the front door, and the back patio area (1st floor apartment) I'd like to have the camera outside the front door but honestly I'm not sure that's an option at my complex, I'll have to ask the manager. Anyway if anyone could provide recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. Looking for good quality cameras for the price or overall systems that people have used that aren't crazy expensive. Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/TctclPotatoPeeler
    [link] [comments]

    Hey! I'm having vandalism issues during the night. We're looking for a camera that can be set to record during certain hours continuously. Preferably battery powered. Our budget is €120 or about $135. Looking for easy installation and easy to use. What would ye recommend?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    LUMA 501 DVR assistance

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I recently bought a house that came with a LUMA-501 8 channel DVR included with the sale. The system itself works flawlessly with one major issue - I cannot access the device from the VMS application provided by SnapAV. I called their technical support line and was told that because I am not an integrator for them that I am essentially SOL. I also emailed them hoping for a different response and as you can imagine got the same answer. Their website is of little use in finding an integrator that might possibly be able to assist. Anybody have any suggestions for how I might go about getting the password on this device reset?

    submitted by /u/SeeBeeArr
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex doorbell camera and Lorex NVR

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Has anyone been successful at getting their Lorex door bell camera to work with the Lorex NVR?

    submitted by /u/JayP1967
    [link] [comments]

    Need alternative to dead Lorex DVR - with remote viewing

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    So my Lorex DVR crapped out and I am looking for advice on a new DVR to replace it.

    I have never liked the Lorex remote viewing software (They changed it 3 or 4 times in 3 years)

    I have 4 cameras outside, hardwired (BNC) to the DVR, then HDMI to my TV.

    I tried one from Amazon (Annke I think) but it wouldn't even boot, so back it went.

    Can anyone help out with a reliable system that I can view from my phone (android) and my PC preferably. Links are very much appreciated. I am in Canada if that makes any difference.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/WTP07
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Familiar with Andersen Verilock Sensors

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Just bought a bunch of these sensors at significant cost. I know I have Andersen 400 series double hung windows (based on what specific parts look like). I did not install them so did not know exact model.

    Bought these from a dealer and the 2 options they had were tilt wash and woodwright since mine are not wood on the inside he said I don't have woodwright.

    Fast forward to getting them and the keeper is too wide. Factory one is 3/8" these ones are 1/2" and prevent opening of window.

    Saw in catalog there is a companion kit with a dummy verilock and 3 keepers, one for tilt wash, one for woodwright, and one for renewal. These are meant for the other side when you have two locks on a window. The renewal one looks thinner but I cannot find it in any other kit. My question. Do these keepers include the magnet. If so bit ridiculous to pay another $90 per window to get the proper keepers.

    Just venting here. Also thought about just ordering some Honeywell 5800 magnets which should fit with everything. Whole point of these was to minimize any visible sensors.

    submitted by /u/gaff2049
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment