• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 9, 2020

    Home security: ADT told me I have a $7 “armed guard fee”, is this legit?

    Home security: ADT told me I have a $7 “armed guard fee”, is this legit?


    ADT told me I have a $7 “armed guard fee”, is this legit?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    They told me this is set in place by my city or county and they don't have control over this increasing my monthly payment. Is this legit?

    submitted by /u/ImpressiveOkra
    [link] [comments]

    Need 2 wireless security cameras

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Scenario: I'm looking to protect a small ranch from anyone who might want to steal expensive equipment. This ranch is essentially completely off-the-grid (no mobile data, Internet, power), but we have a few batteries to help power equipment necessary for a camera system (DVRs, NVRs, etc.) We're looking to setup two cameras (one about 100 feet from the ranch and another about 300 ft from the ranch)

    Question: Is there a model of security camera that is wireless, weather-proof, has motion detection, is capable of being programmed to record during certain times of day, does not require Wi-Fi, mobile data, or the use of a DVR/NVR? If I end up needing a DVR/NVR, will I have to use an analog camera and connect it to the DVR via coax cable?

    If futher details are needed, please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/VAC_Noir
    [link] [comments]

    DVR/NVR that can cope with 6+ coax analogue cameras AND 6+ modern IP cameras

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    As title, thanks!

    Current box can take 16 analogue cameras but only 2 IP. Want to get more IP cameras but not have to replace the analogue ones just yet

    submitted by /u/codemunky
    [link] [comments]

    How to set up traps at my door

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    I think maybe my brother goes into my room at night, and i would like to set up some traps at my door to know if he have been in there.

    My door has a slit under it, so if i put a ball or something then he can just get it back to the door.

    So what are some good ideas that he can't make again?

    submitted by /u/epic_idk-what-to-say
    [link] [comments]

    Most expensive/feature rich IP camera

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Interesting question for you guys. I have a customer that asked me to install the most expensive- highest spec surveillance camera system there is out there. Money is no issue. I'm used to installing Hikvision/Dahua turret and dome cams and so I have a few ideas but I was wondering if anyone has a ultimate surveillance camera they would suggest. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/wisdom101
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with this Amcrest NVR bundle?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    I'm looking into security camera solutions for my mother with problematic neighbors. Would this be a reasonable solution for basic home surveillance? Low-light performance is somewhat important as there isn't much ambient light on the property at night. I've heard good things about the sony starvis sensor it has, but also that 4k isn't recommended for low-light scenarios. Thoughts? Recommendations?

    https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-8-Megapixel-Weatherproof-3840x2160-Pre-Installed/dp/B07KRK1SWJ/

    submitted by /u/Howdanrocks
    [link] [comments]

    Are these threats from Ipcamtalk?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    A member or maybe the owner of ipcamtalk.com I think is sending me threatening emails. Is there any wrong or threatening about these emails he sent me. Keep in mind they were called annoying which resulted in a ban which resulted in a new account and they we asked if the always cuss out and threaten the people they ban.

    First set of emails,

    Asshole, Since I am annoying to you I banned you from my forum so that you dont have to be further annoyed by my free advice.

    Come back again and your ip addresses, you full name and address, your employment info will be posted as well as sent to your employer.

    Is that a threat because I feel threatened by it?

    Second emails, Great, you took the bait. I know have enough for a subpoena. You used fake ip's to make your post. I will be filling suit for your interference with my business practices and theft of bandwidth. I will post a copy of it online. I will not settle or dismiss the case. I will try it to verdict. I already have to shmucks like you making payments to me monthly. Remember that intentional torts are not dischargable in a bankruptcy.

    Please take legal action. This will give me your info way quicker than obtaining your name from your isp. Your attorney will advise you that there is nothing illegal about outing your name address And forward your illegal acts to your employer etc. you fucked with the wrong guy.

    I am not threatening to expose you. I am telling you that I WILL expose you. I will post the lawsuit which is public record. Let me help you recall your actions. You called me annoying and I banned you. If you would have never returned we would not have a problem. You came back twice after being repeatedly banned posting shit because you thought you were anonymous until I proved that I have several of your actual ip addresses that I will use to track you down. I enjoy this. I dont need a reason to ban anyone, it is my forum and will do as I please. How is it unethical? You fucked with the wrong person and now I will make you pay.

    Has he said anything threatening? because it's coming off as threatening to me.

    submitted by /u/Used_Lion8031
    [link] [comments]

    Box to protect ethernet cable baluns outside?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    Anyone recommend a box to protect my ethernet cable baluns that are mounted outside and exposed to rain?

    The grommets that I have don't fit the baluns.

    submitted by /u/aegrotatio
    [link] [comments]

    How to secure my front door from a burglary?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Looking for the best way to burglar proof my front door. It's the weakest point of entry and of my security ecosystem (which includes firearms, barking dogs, cameras, gated community, dead end of a couldasac, many bright lights). I'm not really looking for a door gate as I think those look bad.

    Here's some photos. It's a new build house so I'm guessing they just put whatever locks and hinges, hardware etc was cheapest and looked halfway decent for a 700k home. Thanks.

    Front door from outside https://imgur.com/tOBiiPg

    From Inside https://imgur.com/H3AWWSg

    The lock https://imgur.com/657a6vk https://imgur.com/3CWR5s9

    Hinge https://imgur.com/PnwY8XL

    Windows beside the door https://imgur.com/ZthEKD0

    https://imgur.com/pHAAuix

    submitted by /u/IJustwatch6123
    [link] [comments]

    I have bought adt tssc base station and two keypads as well... I need to access the station without using ADT website or acquiring a service contract with ADT... Is there is away to access this box without going through ADT bs? Thank you in advance in any help.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Any help programming a user code on an Interlogix Network NX-6V2?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    My friend has a relatively new house that came with an Interlogix Network NX-6V2 installed with 2 LED keypads. I've used *+5 and then tried 1-2-3-4 and 3-4-5-6 as master codes. The ready light never blinks indicating its ready for a user code to be programmed. Does anyone know another way to reprogram the user code? The installer is out of business.

    submitted by /u/christopherjenk
    [link] [comments]

    IR Remote for Lorex N861D63B

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Out of the box, this NVR didn't come with an IR remote, just mouse. I do have an old Swann-type GLD-07 DVR remote. Just as a test, I tried it and some buttons have action (so NVR does have an IR sensor), but not all, and definitely not equivalent to the button's label. Would anyone happen to know how, if possible, what/how I can change either the IR remote or NVR to have them pair up one-to-one?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/DaveDischord
    [link] [comments]

    Crossposting in case someone here can help me, thanks!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Lorex Cirrus app not available on Google Play Store

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    So as a result of some remodeling work being done in my house I had disconnected my LNK7216 receiver. The work took forever and by the time i plugged things back, Lorex had gone through a massive process of change which not only needed an updated firmware, which was no longer automatically downloadable, but the Lorex Secure app no longer worked and I needed to install Lorex Cirrus.

    I was able to manually download the firmware update and flashed the NVR. But the app was not showing up on Google Play Store. It's available for Apple devices, but not for Android.

    Does anyone know what exactly is going on. There isn't a single post on reddit about why this app is missing (probably because not many people use an NVR that requires the Cirrus app). They must have done something shady for Google to have pulled this app. Hoping to get more info.

    PS I know i can get the app by just searching for it elsewhere but i don't trust it to be safe as it is.

    submitted by /u/joewynton
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought dahua PTZ camera DH-SD22204T-GN but nothing else

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Just purhcased this from clist for cheap. Brand new in box, but do NVR or wires Hoping to get some recommendations for NVR. It encodes 264+ fwiw. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/cmpnd499
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment