• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 10, 2020

    Home security: Ring Or Simplisafe

    Home security: Ring Or Simplisafe


    Ring Or Simplisafe

    Posted: 10 May 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm close to deciding between vs both Ring and Simplisafe. The biggest issue I have right now is that Ring is much more economically friendly but doesn't have a glass break sensor.

    I have a 60 lb dog so the option of having a motion sensor on while i'm gone isn't available. I'd be worried with Ring not having a glass break sensor and only entry sensors on my windows and doors which I feel might be a must have because of not being able to use the motion sensor while i'm gone.

    As for simplisafe I like the product overall but the price aspect in comparison to Ring is a little off putting although not a deal breaker. I do want a doorbell video camera which both offer but also eventually a camera for my backdoor as well which Ring has the advantage.

    With that being said which do you think is a better fit? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/shey23
    [link] [comments]

    Need video doorbell to record 24/7, inside wiring broken, any workaround with a wireless solution?

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Using a voltage tester I get power to my transformer, but nothing when I test my chime box and doorbell wiring outside. I don't want to spend $200-$300 to have an electrician change out my wiring. Is there any workaround? My home was built in '97, but just about every year I have to either replace the chime box or transformer so I know the inside wiring is not right. The transformer is the correct strong voltage, but I just don't want to mess with it any longer.

    I see that Nest has an indoor adapter, but I'd have to drill a hole into my home. Is it possible to run the wiring outside my door, plug in the Nest adapter to an outside outlet and install a outlet protector box outside? https://store.google.com/us/product/ninety7_indoor_power_adapter_nest_hello

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    Speco N8NXP NVR Factory/Password Reset

    Posted: 10 May 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to factory reset a Speco Technologies N8NXP NVR? I powered it back up for the first time since last year and can't remember the password. Manual says I set security questions, but the NVR says otherwise. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Joshforester
    [link] [comments]

    The best home security systems of 2020: DIY, professional monitoring, video doorbells and more

    Posted: 10 May 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Security Camera Help

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    I recently had latex paint poured on one of our cars that I park in the driveway and decided I wanted to get security cameras. I want a good camera for it in the dark. I am looking at this camera. I can't seem to find a decent NVR to pair with this camera. Any other camera and NVR suggestions would be great thanks.

    submitted by /u/JacobtheWizard
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding CCTV camera and door viewer in the UK

    Posted: 09 May 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    My Dad is a pensioner and my mum cant speak english. I'm worried those door step scammers will force their way into my home when I'm not their. Like the title says I need a cctv camera system and a door viewer that records 24/7. I'm not working at the moment so i need something decently priced. I know they can get expensive. I'd be really grateful to anyone who could help me out here.

    submitted by /u/HASA98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment