• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 9, 2020

    Home security: Package Thieves Plot (NEED HELP)

    Home security: Package Thieves Plot (NEED HELP)


    Package Thieves Plot (NEED HELP)

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    Here's my dilemma. I just moved into an apartment complex which I really love except for one thing, I've now had three packages stolen from my buildings lobby. The building requires a key to get in so it has to be someone from my building. I've talked to other residences and they are experiencing the same thing. It seems to have ramped up during the all this Corona crap. I've talked to the property management and we are getting a security guard to keep an eye out but this complex is big and I don't thing it will stop the thief.

    THE IDEA I want to set out a package that has a small wireless camera in it that I can record video through it. But I want the video to be transmitted to a cloud or phone or something. That way I can access it from home and give it to the police and management. I imagine the thief will destroy the camera so I was hoping you guys might have some inexpensive and reliable camera solutions or any pointers to help us catch this thief? Any help would be greatly appreciate by everyone in my building. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/beanman00
    [link] [comments]

    Placement of surveillance camera opinions/help

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 02:37 AM PDT

    I took a rough 3d model of the area i want to place surveillance cameras on. My main concern is the two doorways with the lighting fixtures.. Keep in mind the model has no ceiling to better show the area but the cameras can be attached to the drywall/wooden ceiling not pictured. The walls where the doorways are made out of brick so ideally id like to not mount directly on those walls but i suppose its still an option with emt. Since ive never had a security camera before my main concern is nightime viewing/recording. 90% of the time the doorway with the narrow path has no light on. The doorway near the carport however is always on(at night). I want to have the best picture available to constantly "monitor" these doorways and an id whatever potential perps show up at the door. I feel like the glow of the lights however might overexpose the picture of the cameras. The third doorway is not as important as it leads into a laundry room. I have two bullet cams right now but i will grow the system later. They have a 105 Degree FOV and IR lights. Even though they have IR lights i do not want to turn off the wall fixture. Will be running blue iris jsyk.

    pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/kjJpk48

    submitted by /u/darealmvp1
    [link] [comments]

    Help turning on DMP XT50

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a home with a DMP XT50 panel installed with two keypads. I would like to activate it, in order to have door and window chimes/trouble notifications. The panel is plugged in, lights are on, but the keypads aren't active. Everything appears to be connected at the panel.

    I have searched through the manuals and programming guides, but cannot seem to find anything about this behavior. Any help/tips?

    submitted by /u/Codered741
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations needed: Smart Motion Sensor

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Hoping that somebody may have some recommendations for motion sensors.

    Ideally want it to sound an alarm through my phone so I don't miss any triggers no matter where I am.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/curty409
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade or replace DSC PC1832?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    My neighbors have a fully working DSC wired system in their 4500 sq ft house. Wife wants tech offered in SimpliSafe ads. Husband just got burned by their alarm company; he wants to stick it to them and save money.

    Is it possible / cost effective to add the modern features offered by SimpliSafe to the 1832? Or would they be better served swapping for a more modern board / system?

    Right now I am trying to get the wife to list the SimpliSafe features which she finds appealing.

    submitted by /u/TrippyStemwinder
    [link] [comments]

    What IP Camera NVR Solutions are there for Axis cameras?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have decided on the Axis IP Cameras for home security.

    Axis also provides NVR's, they are expensive. Could I use computer (which has extra network cards for the camera input) I own and put Axis's NVR software on it? Id like to save 3500$ and use my own NVR solution if that is possible with Axis IP cameras. Could anyone who has worked with Axis cameras confirm what I want to do is possible?

    submitted by /u/CertainlyBright
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment