• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 9, 2020

    Home security: Cameras that fit these requirements?

    Home security: Cameras that fit these requirements?


    Cameras that fit these requirements?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    I'm looking for some cameras that fit these criteria, do you guys know of any that meet them? I'm having a rough time finding anything that fits all of these lol.

    • Use WiFi, no ethernet
    • 4MP resolution, would settle for 3MP if necessary
    • Continuous recording, not just when motion is detected
    • Powered via a wall outlet. Would consider battery powered if the battery life is decent, doesn't seem likely though as I want 24/7 recording
    • Thin form factor, these will be placed between a window and the window blinds. Something like THESE would work well.
    • Able to record to a microSD card, also to some kind of PC software if possible
    • Wide horizontal viewing angle
    • No IR lights, or IR lights that can be disabled

    I'm currently considering the Reolink E1 Pro even though it is fairly large, I would 3D print some kind of mount to get it as close to the window as possible to keep the blinds from sticking out as much as possible.

    submitted by /u/shibe4lyfe
    [link] [comments]

    Best under bed/trunk gun safe, Re-evaluating popular models

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    What are the security camera setups that aren't cloud based?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    I am lost trying to figure out any options. I want to set up an outdoor camera security system with potential expansion for indoor. All I want for it to do is record good quality picture. I don't want to use Ring or other cloud based systems.

    I would prefer not to spend more than $1,000 on everything. Any help even were to start for options would be great.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Timaithis
    [link] [comments]

    Using a dashcam with rear camera as home security?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    I have a dash cam that functions as a webcam via USB to my computer. It works as a nice little security camera. The dash cam has an input that LOOKS like a standard headphone jack (but it is definitely smaller in diameter), where the "rear" cam plugs in. When it is plugged in to the dash cam, it displays the video feed from the "rear" camera on the screen of the camera, which is similar in shape and size to a smart phone.

    When the main camera is connected to my computer via USB, and the "rear" camera is plugged into the main camera, the "rear" feed displays on the camera screen, but not my computer screen when I switch the dash cam to the "PC Camera" mode.

    My goal is to be able to use the "rear" camera as a second security camera while the dash cam is on. I've tried to Google how to get the feed from the "rear" camera into my computer, but I don't know enough about all these connection types to decipher what I'm reading. I have tried just simply plugging it directly into the headphone port on

    TL;DR Does anyone have any advice on how to get feed from a camera that has what LOOKS like a headphone jack (but smaller) connection into my computer?

    submitted by /u/iam_notjohntitor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment