• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 30, 2020

    Home security: Having a hard time finding good IR flood light options

    Home security: Having a hard time finding good IR flood light options


    Having a hard time finding good IR flood light options

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I live in an area where spiders have been a pretty big problem, they keep building webs in front of my cameras due to the IR light, and it trips alarms all night.

    I'd like to install some IR flood lights and turn the camera IR lights off, but I'm having a hard time finding anything that looks reliable.

    I have some junction boxes already installed I'd like to power from, so they need to be 120v (I see some cheap options that are 12v and need a power supply I won't be able to fit in my junction boxes). They'll be outdoors, so outdoor rated obviously would be good.

    I'd also like them to have a light sensor so they just come on at night. No need for a motion sensor. Another option is to use a standard outdoor light fixture and add LED IR bulbs, but I haven't been able to find any. Does anyone make IR LED bulbs I can just install in a normal light fixture?

    submitted by /u/ruckertopia
    [link] [comments]

    How to get Dahua h.265+ to work on software like Blue Iris

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    Noob question

    Ive currently got 3 x dahua 8 mp cameras on order , and i see in the spec sheet, ( https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/14301?us ) that h.265+ is on it.

    Will it encode automatically to (+) version on h.265 or is this something that must be set manually in software such as BlueIris ?

    submitted by /u/Jordi666
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with US made IP camera brands?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Do any of you have experience with US-made IP camera brands? I'm looking for something with good low light performance and a reasonable price.

    I've been using Dahua cameras in the 150-250 dollar range for years due to their great low light performance and reasonable price points, so that is what I'm trying to replicate with something more locally available. If I can avoid having to deal with imports and the potential for delays or political problems in the future, that is all the better. I don't really know whose products to look into though.

    submitted by /u/FactorNine
    [link] [comments]

    Placement of Vibration (Shock) Glass Break Sensor

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    These Cameras Here are The Same Just Platform Difference

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    Xiaomi Xiaofang, Wyze Cam, Neos smart cam, Are same cameras but with different platforms, I think Xiaomi was the original maker of this camera then wyze I saw wyze cam option in Mi Home app back in 2018 but now it's not there yeah I can include multiple pics so check the link out if you want to see the difference I personally recommend xiao fang if you're in Asia like me but Wyze has Google & Alexa

    submitted by /u/yew_yue_shua
    [link] [comments]

    Glass break/vibration

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    Looking for suggestions for glass vibration sensors. We purchased the Ring system but it does not have glass break detection...unless you use Alexa Guard and from my understanding it would need to be used in each room of the house and I'm not sure buying 6 Alexa devices, one for each room, makes sense. We knew this going in but I didn't want to purchase any additional equipment in case we had to return the system for any reason. I've seen some glass vibration detectors that go on the window panes themselves. GE makes one. I really like this option especially for the rooms that are furthest from the Master bedroom but wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone had another suggestions? We opted not to purchase contact sensors for every window as all of our windows lock and if we go the vibration alarm route the vibration alarm would detect anyone trying to pry the window open, in theory. I imagine a bad storm would cause these to go off so would like some other back up options if anyone has any? Are there any reliable glass break sensors that work for the entire 2000 square foot home, or even half and half, that aren't required to be connected to another monitoring system? Thanks for any advice.

    submitted by /u/Letsthrowitaway2020
    [link] [comments]

    Use these cameras off dvr

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    So at my work they have this camera systema hiseeu 960p nvr camera set. It does what it needs except the box stopped reconizing the hard drive so i am trying to figure out how to set the cameras up to use with another software on a computer. I am thinking of chkeing out agent/ispy but will probably go with Blueiris. Are these cameras able to be set up as rtsp. i cant find an exact model number for the camera to look the camera itself up.

    submitted by /u/GreenMonsterNmyDrink
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment