• Breaking News

    Friday, March 27, 2020

    Home security: What do you guys think about Ring for home security?

    Home security: What do you guys think about Ring for home security?


    What do you guys think about Ring for home security?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    I need a robust, secure, portable solution as I travel a lot. Are there any good portable solutions I can use? Current, using haven, but I want to upgrade from this solution.

    submitted by /u/team_emial345
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to light up a big fenced back yard?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    So we have a quite large fenced back yard with a perimeter wood fence. We also have two dogs and live out pretty far into the woods in a development. There is abolsutely no lights in the yard at night besides the 2 outdoor lights by the rear bottom and rear deck door.

    Being as we have wildlife outside, I'd like to let my 2 dogs out at at night when they have to go the bathroom in the dark, but want them to be able to see (and myself see) any wildlife in the yard (raccoons, coyotes, deer, apparently there's also cougar and bear around here, haven't seen any yet).

    What's the best way to light up the back yard? I do have a few ring light up cameras but they don't really shine much light on the rear yard. Would solar spotlights work? Solar may be the best option unless I ran power around the perimeter of the fence which I'm not looking to do (unless it was fairly easy to do). But I saw a few bright solar lights on amazon and they seem (look from reviews) to be pretty bright.

    Just looking for some options here. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/IJustwatch6123
    [link] [comments]

    Day one of quarantine - alarm starts beeping and won't stop

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Yesterday my country entered a 22 hour a day quarantine - all nonessential services are closed. Yesterday at 3am our alarm system started beeping and continued throughout the morning, and then finally the issue seemed resolved until 3am again today!

    We bought a house in October that came with an existing security system. It has never been connected.

    It is a model pc1555rkz.

    We have downloaded the manual and *2 shows two errors, zone 4 and zone 8 which seem to correspond to comms failure and date not set.

    So far we have not yet been able to set the date, but I have not been able to find any information on how to possibly resolve the comms error. Everyone says call your alarm company, but we obviously don't have one!

    We have tried disarming the system, *4, *2...everything works for about 10 minutes until it begins beeping again.

    At this point we'd like to disable the system altogether, or pay someone to help us resolve this remotely via skype, but not sure who to call. We cannot take a month+ of this until a technician can come out!

    submitted by /u/oowowaee
    [link] [comments]

    Cloud based Security Cameras for newly built home

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm building a new home (3500 sf) soon and would like to place some smart cameras (maximum 3) around the outdoor house that are compatible with homekit, alexa, and/or google. I'd like it to be 2k or 4k preferably. I like the idea of POE IP cameras, however, I'm not too technologically advanced if in case one of the cameras go down. I prefer the idea of easement of installing and receiving notifications on my iphone such as smart cameras do. My budget is under $700 not including installation fees (f needed) that may occur. Currently I have my eye on the Arlo ultra, however, it may seem like the range is too far for it to connect to the base unit, unless I can connect it to a AP device around the house.

    EDIT: Also, I already have arlo Q inside the home.

    TIA.

    submitted by /u/luuat
    [link] [comments]

    Rented duplex with sliding glass door installed backwards. Can easily lift to remove and gain access into home.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    The sliding door can be picked up off its tracks from the outside to give entry into my home. I'm provided a standard attached sliding door bar and lock (flicks down by the door handle and hooks the sliding door to the frame). I have not tried to move the door with these locks in place. I don't think it would prevent the door being moved with some force. I'm afraid to break the locks if I try it out.

    My backyard backs up to a green belt. There is entry to my backyard (where the sliding door is) through a gate on the side of the house. The gate is facing the street. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to lock it (mandatory yard work paid for by leasing company).

    Long story short, I'm not sure I can get the door fixed. Is there anything I can do to feel safe if I can't get it done? I'm often upstairs and want to make sure no one is downstairs when I walk down.

    submitted by /u/tpdenier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment