• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 31, 2020

    Home security: Most places are sold out of ammo, but federal is still decently stocked up. Just got buckshot and 556 delivered.

    Home security: Most places are sold out of ammo, but federal is still decently stocked up. Just got buckshot and 556 delivered.


    Most places are sold out of ammo, but federal is still decently stocked up. Just got buckshot and 556 delivered.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Wifi doorbell cam that supports ONVIF, powered by doorbell transformer.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a doorbell that supports ONVIF that can be powered over my previously existing wired transformer that can also operate my manual chimes. I installed a LaView Halo One doorbell camera and shortly after, they released a firmware update with ONVIF support and it was awesome! Unfortunately, I can't buy the LaView anymore from my location so it looks like I need to find an alternative.

    But everything that I find is like Ring with their proprietary systems and I don't need cloud storage, special apps, I just need an easy to set up a camera that I can use with Blue Iris, rather than some proprietary system. All the posts I've read seem to be suggesting some older hardware, but I was wondering if anyone has any newer suggestions?

    submitted by /u/StinkyKitten
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone use the new Amcrest ASH42 and can compare it to the IP4M?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    How to Install a PoE IP camera

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    After looking at so many outdoor camera options, I've finally settled on Reolink's 5MP RLC-410. But I am stumped on how I would connect these cameras once I install them outside (mounting is the easy part…). Please help. (haven't bought them yet)

    It's a large space to cover, ~4200 sq ft and the doors I want monitored from outside are very far from each other and from my router. So, I'd need a PoE injector for each camera and ethernet cables (guessing 50 ft long each) running all along the walls inside or possibly on the roof or the brick wall that all connect to my router, is that right? The router is not centrally located from 2 of the doors.

    Not planning on buying/using the Reolink NVR – don't care for 24/7 recording right now nor lengthy storage, but if in the future I wanted to, what kind of work would that involve? Would all 3 cameras need to be connected to that 1 NVR? And how would they connect - plug ethernet cable to this which is then connected to my router?

    I've spent so many hours looking at many different options -- SimpliSafe, Nest, Abode, Wyze, Ring, Arlo, Blink, Kangaroo…but none have fit the bill until I came across PoE IP cameras.

    My criteria was:

    • no paid subscription,
    • wired power (not battery powered),
    • 2-way audio, live streaming,
    • >2MP,
    • IP65+ weatherproof for outdoors,
    • siren,
    • night vision,
    • PIR sensor,
    • record motion detection events,
    • live streaming, and
    • have access to motion triggered recordings for 5-7 days.

    I did consider wireless (wifi) cameras at first, but after combing through reviews and YouTube videos, I decided it was best if the cameras were hardwired (for security and reliability and later, 24/7 recording). And that's when I eventually came across PoE IP cameras…if I was going to power it via an outlet, might as well get a PoE camera in which you get Internet and power from the same cable! Genius.

    I have a wireless Reolink Go that works well in a remote location – not near wifi nor power outlet, so I pay $10/month to operate on a 4G-LTE/3G network, but that was easy to mount and start up compared to this.

    As you can probably tell, this is my first go at a PoE camera and I am not handy but am willing to try. Any advice is appreciated.

    P.S. Please let me know if there is another sub where I should post this.

    submitted by /u/sinadone
    [link] [comments]

    Can't login to Reolink Eco cam via web browser?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    I have a Reolink Eco (the solar powered totally wireless unit) mounted on my barn watching my lane. I have it setup without cloud storage-it just has a 64GB memory card that I can access for playback wirelessly through the Reolink app on my phone. I'd like to be able to easily call up the live camera footage via my FireTV web browser, but I'm having trouble with it. According to Reolink I'm supposed to just be able to type the IP address of the camera (the camera is on the same network as everything else in my home), login with the username and password and view the live footage. So far I can't even get the page to load in Chrome on my laptop let alone on either browser installed on my Fire TV (Firefox and Amazon's proprietary browser)-anybody have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/yota91
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment