• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 29, 2020

    Home security: I'm not sure of this is the right sub but maybe you guys can help

    Home security: I'm not sure of this is the right sub but maybe you guys can help


    I'm not sure of this is the right sub but maybe you guys can help

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    With all the craziness going on in the world today I decided to beef up my home security to make my family feel more safe. I've been reinforcing my doors with strike plates and locks for added security. I definitely feel safer than what I did. I recently discovered a brand of lock that I'm real interested in called nightlock. The locks in particular that I'm interested in install on the bottom of the door and on the floor. The question I have is can I install the floor portion of the lock on my linoleum floor or is that not an option. Also I'm curious as to what you guys think is the best type of lock for a door. I've heard good things about the Buddybar Jammer but I wasn't sure what to think since I've read varying accounts. What do you guys think? And yes I do have multiple firearms and plenty of ammunition for the worst case scenario. And I understand that no lock is perfect and if an intruder is determined enough he will get in. I understand that my main goal is to buy enough time to prepare my defense. Thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/bert420
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do after someone tries to break into my car?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    Earlier today, someone tried to break into my car claiming it was "his brother's", which if i was a complete stranger hearing this, i would have obviously thought it was a lie. I am 17 and I'm not very informed about the laws here in Michigan but we come from an immigrant household, so we cannot possess a firearm and in general, we have very little in means to defend ourselves. My father confronted him without anything in hand during the ordeal and saw that he had a very small pocket knife. I don't know if he was on something but the man left after a back and forth argument but before he did, he said "I know the address, I'll be back later". We called the police and gave them the pictures that my brother took of the man. At this point, I don't really know what to do. Any police haven't gotten back to us and we still haven't seen the guy. I've never been in this kind of situation so any advice about what to do next would help. Thanks

    submitted by /u/RiceFarmerJPG
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone recommend the best service that uses Alarm.com? Deciding between that and Abode

    Posted: 29 Mar 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    I'm moving into an old three floor house. Frontpoint, who I've been with for years offered me $400 in new stuff if I stay but it's a three year contract at $47/month.

    I've been looking into options an leaning heavily towards Abode with the Iota. If I go this route I've already got a Nest cam and would probably get the Nest Hello for a doorbell cam. The doorbell cam would be mostly for convenience.

    If I go with an Alarm.com client, it seems most of them have a Skybell Doorbell cam but I don't see a ton of reviews on it. Seems like there are tons of accessories that work with Alarm.com. Also seeing a lot of people highly recommend the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 which Frontpoint does not use. I guess what I'm asking about is are there companies out there similar to but cheaper than Frontpoint?

    Link Interactive and Surety seem like good options so far. The more I look the more names pop up.

    submitted by /u/crutonic
    [link] [comments]

    Thought this was funny. Satire but kinda true about people taking advantage during this crisis...

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment