• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 29, 2020

    Home security: Home Security Cameras powerful enough to pickup license plates, remember faces and learn...

    Home security: Home Security Cameras powerful enough to pickup license plates, remember faces and learn...


    Home Security Cameras powerful enough to pickup license plates, remember faces and learn...

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:48 PM PDT

    I am in the market for a camera to be used in a high crime neighborhood. Can someone point me in the right direction. I'm looking for advanced security systems that have a high likelihood of identifying suspects stealing packages, breaking and entering, etc. I figure, if a face is covered, fine. Maybe I'll get a license plate. If on foot, maybe I'll capture his gate, tattoos, and/or other details. Furthermore, I'm looking for learning software that can eventually recognize anomalies when they occur in normal day to day life on my street, and perhaps even identify patterns.

    submitted by /u/TREDOTCOM
    [link] [comments]

    is it possible to configure low FPS video but real-time audio?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    I kind of have two questions:

    I don't need very high framerates, just a few FPS. But I want to hear my kids playing out in the backyard. For the typical (Dahua, Amcrest, Hkvision, etc) surveillance camera, is there such a setting as FPS, but for audio? Can I set low FPS for video, but be able to hear the silly things my kids are talking about in the front yard?

    Also, does setting a lower FPS improve image quality? I'd much rather have high image quality than high frame rates.

    submitted by /u/androidusr
    [link] [comments]

    Leftover Security Camera

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I have a security camera on my porch, that was part of a security system that is no longer being used. The cable from the camera runs to my garage, and splits - one going to a power outlet, and the other end a disconnected Ethernet type plug.

    I do have anEthernet Bridge boxes (brite-view BVP5100) boxes sitting there too - both disconnected.

    Is there a way I can use this hardware? Connect it to a laptop or my network to be able to view it?

    My new ISP/router is in another room, so not close to connect it.

    submitted by /u/BuckEWild
    [link] [comments]

    Need help cabling the recorder

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    I moved into a house where the previous owner were using the CCTV system, but disconnected the recorder, power and display for some reason. This is first time for me setting up a CCTV system so need help please.

    Cameras mounted: Combination of Dome carea (IC9112-36) and ICamera2

    Digital Video Recorder: Dahua HCVR5104H-S2, I don't know the password, there are a few accounts and an IP address written on it.

    DC Adaptor: CSE1250-D4-D

    VGA cable with a Display

    Cables: https://imgur.com/a/R9FghCq

    The cables outlet is in an upstairs bedroom where I have a wifi extender there (Comfast) which also has a LAN access point, so I am hoping to connect to it.

    Question:

    1. I am not sure where to connect what cables in the picture. I haven't made any joints yet. Everything in the picture is as it is from before. Is my drawing correct?
    2. Any security related safety measures that I should take like resetting the recorder system and installing any software?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/bob267
    [link] [comments]

    Mini cam, in-device storage, app/bluetooth playback

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Looking for a camera(s) system that saves/stores multiple videos averaging from 15-45minutes in duration. I dont have a laptop or desktop for storing videos and my phone wont be able to store ALL the videos im wanting to save. So something with an SD card. Also i dont have wifi(apperently alot of these systems depend on that?) The idea is to connect to the cameras video files via bluetooth or an app for playback. It would be cool if you could remotely view realtime from an app and turn recording on and off from phone. I imagine the camera is always on and accessable for viewing live but records when told to(im guessing this is where wifi would be needed). When accessing the stored videos from phone id like to have the option of deleting videos from the device or saving videos to my phone.

    Purpose: my wife and i swing with another couple and want to record the sessions. The other couple is willing and WANT to record for future viewing. There are times when one of us is not present(due to work) but would like to watch AND record at the same time, hence the remote live streaming.(no wifi). I guess if it REQUIRES wifi for remote viewing, then wed prefer to just be able to watch it later via bluetooth/app playback when we get home.

    Bonus: the cheaper the better (cant be stressed enough), if the system has a wireless micphone (preferred, not required), also if the system doesnt hold multiple videos and you have a cheap alternative im open to suggestion.

    submitted by /u/IAMMALA226780
    [link] [comments]

    Can I turn an old smartphone into a motion detection alarm?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    I know I can turn old smartphones into motion detecting cameras using alfred camera and other apps, but is there an app, that I can use to simply turn my old phone into a perimeter alarm that makes a beeping sound or a siren when it detects motion? I want to use it as an alarm for my tent when I am camping.
    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MonsterBongos
    [link] [comments]

    security systems that separate condo building common areas from my condo

    Posted: 28 Mar 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Hello, I just purchased a condo in a small condo building (2 units). The other owner and I want to set up a security system for common areas (ie building door, backyard, front porch) that we both have monitoring access to. I want to separately set up a system for my home that only I have monitoring access to. Is there a DIY security system that allows for individual elements of a system to be shared/private with another user? I have looked at Ring and SimpliSafe but neither appears to have this capability. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SVE88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment