• Breaking News

    Friday, January 15, 2021

    Home security: Suggestions and answers needed (wyze, reolink & eufy)

    Home security: Suggestions and answers needed (wyze, reolink & eufy)


    Suggestions and answers needed (wyze, reolink & eufy)

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:29 PM PST

    I need your help.

    I need suggestions and answers to my questions. I am looking for in home cameras for when I'm not home and when I hear weird noises at 2 in the morning. I have narrowed it down to 3 brands based on some recent internet search. I dont know whether to choose point & shoot or pan & tilt type cameras.

    Below is the questions I have and the list of cameras I've narrowed my list down to.

    Here are some questions I have regarding each brand (wyze, reolink & Eufy) that I cant find answers to:

    1. Can i see clips of motion and sound without a subscription?

    2. if im out of town and do not see the notification that motion is happening can I get in the app and see motion an hour or a few days later?

    3. How long does the clip last before it gets deleted?

    4. Why do all the cameras say I need an SD card if they provide cloud storage?

    5. Is there a time limit for recording motion or will it continue recording motion as long as the object is in frame?

    6. If an object moves out of frame but they are talking will the camera continue to record because the sound?

    7. If my internet crashes will the camera automatically reconnect when the internet reboots?

    The list of cameras I've narrowed my choices down to:

    Tilt & Pan:

    1. https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Security-Assistant-Compatibility-Required/dp/B089KFG63T/ref=pd_ybh_a_8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ADQHYWW0FCFP1TR6SQ46

    2. https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Security-Assistant-Compatibility-Required/dp/B08B5Y3R71/ref=pd_ybh_a_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZDF1EM8W6H0MDY0H1H7K

    3. https://www.amazon.com/Reolink-Dual-Band-Security-Wireless-Monitor/dp/B07THQDSBD?ref_=ast_sto_dp

    4. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Security-Reolink-Monitor-Two-Way/dp/B07X81M2D2/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZDF1EM8W6H0MDY0H1H7K

    5. https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-pan.html

    Fixed Point & Shoot:

    1. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08571VZ3Q/ref=emc_b_5_i

    2. https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Security-Assistants-HomeBase-Required/dp/B08B5T3XL9/ref=pd_bxgy_img_3/137-9291048-8122436?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B08B5T3XL9&pd_rd_r=8316a8a5-52be-473f-a9da-16446e03c01a&pd_rd_w=3zSFp&pd_rd_wg=5FF3c&pf_rd_p=f325d01c-4658-4593-be83-3e12ca663f0e&pf_rd_r=X806BPS2TQYR4WJ22SXH&psc=1&refRID=X806BPS2TQYR4WJ22SXH#customerReviews

    3. https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-v3.html#product-review-container

    submitted by /u/ElPocito
    [link] [comments]

    Home mode alternative to surveillance station

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:18 AM PST

    Hey all. I've just got some reolink cameras and am looking to have it record and handle the motion detection around my property. Ive had it setup with the Synology surveillance station on my Synology NAS. Everything works except the home mode function in surveillance station.

    The cameras are recording absolutely everything. I don't like the idea of the cameras recording me when im in the house

    Can anyone recommend me a alternative to surveillance station that has the home mode function. Ideally something that can run in on the Nas, maybe via docker?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/neek01a
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me with these preexisting cameras?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:51 PM PST

    The previous owners of the house I bought left their entire camera set up. The DVR, cables, everything all still plugged in.
    The brand is night owl.

    They told me they viewed it using an app and gave me the exact app they used. I hooked the DVR to a tv and reset the password to give me access, which worked. I then downloaded the same app and couldn't get it to work———only could view them hooked up to a tv.

    I called Night Owl who told me the DVR had to be connected to my modem.

    The DVR is on one side of the house and the modem is alllllllll the way on the opposite side in a closet. I was stumped.

    I remember when I looked at the house a few weeks ago the owners had their modem in that same closet.

    Because they used the app, I know they had to have cables run in the closet dropped down to the modem.

    I am a woman who is not technologically savvy and I have no idea what I'm looking at, so here is the back of the DVR (everything is plugged in as they left it), and also here is a picture of my new modem, and the wires that were left here in the closet when I gained ownership of the house.

    The only thing coming from the attic that seems out of the ordinary is this red cable with two grey boxes attached. I don't know what it's for.

    Please help 😩

    https://imgur.com/a/pYcHoba

    submitted by /u/itsanofromme223
    [link] [comments]

    ADT + Google Nest Hub

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:01 PM PST

    Any way ADT command panel/secuirty system can be paired with a Nest Hub to view doorbell? Is there truth to google and ADT partnering? Kinda bummed with how little the ADT command hub with no camera/doorbell camera feed to it

    submitted by /u/Legitimate_Field5801
    [link] [comments]

    Indoor camera with good AUDIO under <$50??

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:49 PM PST

    Any good options for this? I ordered a Wyze cam for 20 and the video quality is good but the audio is hardly distinguishable even when I talk right next to it.

    Any other options? The range of the audio I would like is to be able to detect conversations about 15-30 feet away. There is no background noise really except for a possible television set being on.

    Is there anything out there for me? I need this pretty desperately. I could possibly increase my budget if need be but not sure it is even worth it.

    submitted by /u/DoctorQuinlan
    [link] [comments]

    Alarm

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:13 PM PST

    Does anyone recognize this fire alarm and know how to remove the cover plate off it? I'm trying to figure out the model # to replace it with something white. https://imgur.com/gallery/xhOh2Bl

    submitted by /u/bonzai76
    [link] [comments]

    Best Smoke / CO Detectors for Vista 21iP - System Sensor i4?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:18 PM PST

    I am currently working on setting up my Vista 21iP system, and have been stumped on the best choice for smoke detectors.

    I am really hoping to at least get smoke and CO in a single detector, if I could also get heat or methane, that would be a bonus.

    Additionally, I am very interested in having maintenance signals integrated with the Alarm system to alert me of problems.

    I see in the Honeywell documentation that the Vista panels list "Works with Sentrol CleanMe™ maintenance signal", but I have not found any detectors that support that signaling. I'm wondering if that's an old legacy system?

    Aside from that, the only other detectors I've found with maintenance monitoring are the System Sensor i4 2-wire units (COSMOD-2W module and COSMO-2W detectors). These have three zones to connect to the panel - smoke, CO, and maintenance.

    Does anyone have experience (positive or negative) with these units, or any other recommendations?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dricha36
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help On What to Purchase

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:33 AM PST

    Hi All - I have a special set of circumstances I need help with. I live rurally, and my wifi is an AT&T hotspot with only 100 gigs per month. I want a camera I can use to check in on my dogs in one room of my house while I am at work that won't use wifi unless I am looking in and that will be compatible with the hotspot wifi. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/jdoievp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment