• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    Home security: Someone notified me of a suspicious lurker but story did not make sense

    Home security: Someone notified me of a suspicious lurker but story did not make sense


    Someone notified me of a suspicious lurker but story did not make sense

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:54 PM PST

    I'm sorry if this is not the best place to post this but i keep going over this in my head and can't put it to rest. And I've been feeling paranoid because of it.

    Someone claiming to be from the neighborhood approached me notifying of a lurker on my property (i was outside but within the vicinity of my house). They said they scared the guy away but the situation they described did not make sense to me.

    I live in a well lit area, street kinda busy, there were lights on (and people home). My house is exposed and can be seen from every angle. There are far far easier pickings in my neighborhood. So someone trying to break in doesn't make sense. Granted that what they described happened, i feel like I def would have seen or heard something since i was nearby. Not to mention we've had snow so i would have heard if someone was running.

    Then i started to get suspicious if the "good samaritan" was actually a criminal in disguise and made the whole thing up.

    I'm not sure what the motivation would be behind that, but then again Im not sure why someone would pick my property to break into either (like i said far easier pickings nearby).

    Do you guys have any idea what this could have been? Like i said, I haven't been able to let it go and was hoping talking through it would help settle my nerves.

    submitted by /u/potatohead878
    [link] [comments]

    Driveway motion sensor recommendations?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:35 AM PST

    Is there anything that can alert or chime to let me know that someone has driven into my driveway?

    The driveway is long, no wildlife that would trigger it so false alerts should be minimal.

    submitted by /u/dcdc06
    [link] [comments]

    How do you protect windows?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:59 AM PST

    I've got sliding glass doors, and a big window right beside my front door. Basement windows where someone could crawl into. How do I protect us?

    would something like this help?

    submitted by /u/startreklasers
    [link] [comments]

    Any alternatives to Ring solar and battery powered cameras?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 05:54 PM PST

    I recently bought Ring doorbell and cameras and I am ready to give up on them because they are super unreliable and finicky. However, I do like that they offer solar and battery powered cameras - I am renting and can't go nuts drilling holes in the house and doing electrical work to install wired cameras. I tried searching for alternatives (Nest, Abode, etc) and every competitor seems to have wired cameras only. Is there anything out there that is better than Ring and does not require electrical work?

    submitted by /u/catinator9000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment