• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 24, 2021

    Home security: Some guy on my ring camera in my backyard

    Home security: Some guy on my ring camera in my backyard


    Some guy on my ring camera in my backyard

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 08:48 AM PST

    Gun fight in front of my house St. Louis MO

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:40 PM PST

    Looking for a surveillance DVR with good app

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:14 PM PST

    Q-see security cam co. shutting down due to COVID and I'm left with a faulty DVR but good cameras (4) wired around my home. My DVR is a Q-SEE QTH98 and has analog pir cams connected. We tried troubleshooting with customer support for hours to no avail. DVR cannot remotely playback video to app on phone. Very choppy playback at times to none. So, in the market for a new DVR with HDD that'll use a good app. Totally new to this so anything advice would be much appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/joefox707
    [link] [comments]

    Best security system to install? ADT, SimpliSafe, Vivint... oh my!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:26 PM PST

    Hi there - we just moved into a house with a super old ADT security system. Not sure if I want to activate that again (I know ADT will throw in discounts), or get something installed from scratch? I know ADT is the most expensive option and there are plenty of other options. I've done a bit of research, but I'm on the fence.

    What would this subreddit's recommendation be for a whole-house security installation (motion, video, doors, windows). Remote alerts/video viewing would be good, but not essential. Not sure I want/need to pay for professionals to monitor it for me...

    We've had our car broken into twice recently, which is prompting this post. Anything that integrates with motion detecting floodlights for our driveway? Keep that separate? Not looking for _cheapest_ option, just the best option that's less than an evil henchmen patrol, guard dogs, shark moats, etc.

    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

    EDIT: I'm jealous of other people's porch/driveway videos for recording crime. Would love to have that too.

    submitted by /u/lee337reilly
    [link] [comments]

    What home defense would you set-up to defend a hardware bitcoin wallet and a yubikey?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:01 PM PST

    Let's say you have a lot of value in hardware bitcoin wallet and with your yubikey. How would you defend those?

    Apparently people have been physically attacked over owning lots of bitcoin in what is known as $5 wrench attacks.

    Would you guys buy a gun, home surveillance, etc to secure that much bitcoin?

    submitted by /u/Conscious-Wolverine5
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on hidden camera

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:22 AM PST

    I have a teenage son. and he has his girlfriend over and they hang around in the basement. I am somewhat worried they may be having sex and i have spoke with him about it and he said they are not. I would like to place a camera in the recreation room and be able to view it on my phone. I do not want it to record. anyone have a suggestion on a good camera?

    submitted by /u/jennefer1667
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment