• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 17, 2021

    Home security: Scared for our lives, not enough money to move away. So we are stuck sheltering in place. Looking for security options.

    Home security: Scared for our lives, not enough money to move away. So we are stuck sheltering in place. Looking for security options.


    Scared for our lives, not enough money to move away. So we are stuck sheltering in place. Looking for security options.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    So due to recent events in my life, my family and myself have come under some death threats by some crazy people who when we had first met them we were originally trying to help them get back on their feet but it came to the point where we had to kick him out and his friends want him to give them our address so they can come kill us. And the person himself has also threatened each person in my family at this point. And like I put in the title we do not have enough to move so we are trying to just quarantine in the house and not leave for a couple weeks and hope nothing happens. We were thinking of putting a security system in with cameras and maybe more lighting in the back yard. We just can't decide which might be best for us. We are looking for something that we can possibly set the alarm up to the motion sensor so it automatically goes off if it senses movement. We also need the cameras to be able to see in the dark and the security system needs to be set up to call the police. Also maybe y'all have some advice that you can give? In regards to anything about how we can keep ourselves safe and make our home more secure. I'm hoping that I can somehow set up an early warning system that will hopefully wake us up if they try during the night. From what this person knows we have nothing for home defense but hopefully we can surprise them with it when/if they come to do something.

    Edit: I'm also interested if anybody knows about unique things that aren't necessarily ordinary such as the tripwire shotgun shell blank trip alarms or any random things that I typically wouldn't know about.

    submitted by /u/anonymous273859215
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for security options for a door closer

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 07:37 AM PST

    I live in a rental that has metal terrace doors that open outwards and is controlled by a door closer

    I would like to get some security for the door. However, I have several things working against me.:

    1. This is a rental and the door is metal so I'm far more hesitant to drill into it because it be a lot harder to repair metal over a wood door
    2. The door is outswinging, there are far fewer security options with outward swinging doors
    3. The door closer has very wide legs so even using some sort of tie down would be a stretch.

    I really like the idea of this product, however, the largest width they have is 5 inches. I need 7.

    https://fightingchancesolutions.com/products/the-sleeve

    submitted by /u/whitekimchee
    [link] [comments]

    Simplisafe Failure

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 04:07 PM PST

    Hey all,

    Have had a Simplisafe system for a year or so now. Base station/keypad/sensors all work fine. Cameras have been absolutely worthless. I have contacted customer service, tried everything. One camera never worked out of the box, the other three won't stay connected and reliable. 20' from the wifi router with a clear line of site, and 30' from the base station, they constantly fail.

    I know I could get a blink system from Amazon but I want the system to be integrated if possible. The blink system looks great though.

    Can anyone suggest an integrated security system with cameras which are reliable?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/topgun___
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for big ol Victorian house in bad neighborhood

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 11:10 AM PST

    Long story short- when we first bought the house the neighborhood wasn't that bad, that said we now can't afford to move. Our first year here they bulldozed a whole street of houses and turned them into rentals just down the street. Now we have some one who uses hardcore drugs at the opposite end of our street who gets frequent "visitors" to and from their house. We do thankfully have police presence along the streets, but this causes our main personal problem:

    To avoid the roads, crackheads are now using our yard as a through way to avoid street traffic. People are also walking two or more unfriendly dogs at a time without leashes when cops are not present.

    AC says to get footage of them and turn it in. Cops say get footage of foot traffic through our yard to turn in. What camera can I use that won't need wires run to survey the yard and house? I have places I can put them pretty hidden. Which ones come with and without subscriptions? What signs do I need?

    Suggestions have been google nest and Lorac.

    submitted by /u/Cautious_Clementine
    [link] [comments]

    These cameras came with my house with wires cut. How can I get these set up?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 02:21 PM PST

    problems with security camera.

    Posted: 17 Jan 2021 10:35 AM PST

    hello fellow redditors

    i am having a problem. my brother gave me a HeimVision HM211 Outdoor Security Camera for christmas last year and i installed it this past summer. lucky enough i actually recorded someone hitting my car and put it through my insurance and the other driver had to pay for the damages so it was a great gift. the problem now though is that when i try and check footage through the app it takes forever to load and wants me to subscribe to its cloud service which is ridiculous and refuse to do when i can set up a harddrive to loop the footage. i have a 128gb memory card in the camera at the moment but i don't think i can see any footage cause it keeps disconnecting from my network. the camera is hardwired ac power and ethernet. nothing wireless. has anyone heard about these cameras and their problems?

    submitted by /u/littleforrest12
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Video doorbell that records whole motion

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:55 PM PST

    Hello

    My current video doorbell only records in 30 second increments, then powers off for 15 seconds, then records again.

    I'm looking for something that can record the whole motion event, then goes back into remission like 5 seconds after recording.

    Is this possible?

    Looking for soemhting hardwired that will work with my existing chime too!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/throwawayhomedefense
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment