• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 10, 2021

    Home security: Must I post that my property is under video surveillance?

    Home security: Must I post that my property is under video surveillance?


    Must I post that my property is under video surveillance?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:37 PM PST

    NOTE: I am located in Ontario, Canada.

    Recently bought a multi-camera surveillance system with NVR. I will be recording 24/7. The system came with a bunch of warning stickers that announce "This Property is under 24/7 video surveillance". Am I obligated to use them?

    submitted by /u/ontariopiper
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for fisheye cameras?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 11:17 PM PST

    I was originally considering a PTZ for my home, but I have read that I would be better off getting multiple static cameras to cover the same area. I am mainly looking to cover my front and back yards.

    I spent some time looking into suitable fixed CCTV systems (Reolink is currently the front runner), but in the process I discovered fisheye cameras and their modern capabilities. I especially like the fact some of them record the full field of view in a way which lets you cut it up/zoom in on discrete parts of it as though you had a static camera pointing at a specific location. This means that 'after the fact' you can effectively simulate multiple CCTV cameras as required within the fisheye's field of view

    I am starting to think that such a camera would meet my needs. They seem quite pricey however. Does anyone have any recommendations as to whether or not this type of camera is any good for a standard residential application, and if so, what models are best?

    submitted by /u/sexxcauldron
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Operated, outdoor cam with no wifi

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    Hey.

    I have a property in the middle of no where with 0 internet coverage. I'm looking to get a camera for recording all day then swapping cards and batteries maybe once they are empty.

    Anyone have any suggestions for that?

    submitted by /u/cmjoker
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an audible chirp or jumpscare type alarm

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:21 AM PST

    Crooks aren't deterred by cameras in my complex. They wear hoodies and walk around quickly scoping cars and condos for opportunities. Catching them on camera shows nothing and they know it.

    The walk up to the units is very isolated to each other. Is there a way I can make a motion sensored loud chirp or even short alarm? It would definitely freak them out and get them moving along at least. Cuz it'd wake me and/or my tenants. Tweaking it to work correctly of course, don't want a cat or something triggering it.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ipodpron
    [link] [comments]

    ADT control panel

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:02 PM PST

    anyone know when we are going to be able to view our cameras on the ADT control panel like the doorbell camera or outdoor cameras from the command panel like Vivint does? Seems silly this isnt a feature yet. Was told early Q1 of 2021 a software update would be rolled out.

    submitted by /u/Legitimate_Field5801
    [link] [comments]

    Help hardwiring IQ Panel 2

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:28 PM PST

    Hi all.

    I have the IQ Panel 2 for the touch panel that right now has a 120v plug that goes into a normal outlet and then connects into the panel. I have wiring going from an old panel that goes into where the old base unit was which is now using the qs7133-840 controller.

    The cable going from the old keypad to the controller is not connected to the controller. I want to mount my touch panel to the controller and have it hardwired that way. I don't have an outlet nearby.

    From what I've found, the controller has a 12V output on it but the touchpad says between 5-7V. Is there another way around this?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/kunter
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a cheap frontdoor digital peephole with night vision

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    Hello

    I want to put a digital frontdoor digital peephole with night vision. Does need much else. I just press the button on the screen, view the peephole as normal (with angles) and such and thats it. Does need to work at night though. No recording, wireless, etc. required. I think batteries are better as the installation is easier

    What is the cheapest thing out there?

    submitted by /u/riahc3
    [link] [comments]

    Add on microphone recommendations?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:43 AM PST

    There seem to be 3 types. Which make and model should I get to add a microphone to my Wisenet system that allows for microphones to be added to the system because the cameras have no mics. This is for the INDOORS! Many on Amazon but the white circular ones look like the most recommended on security sites but they are a different brand. I want the best mics I can add. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Fushunchina
    [link] [comments]

    Options for moving to self-monitored system?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    I currently have a monitored system (Honeywell L5200 panel with associated sensors (eg, window/door, glassbreak, smoke detector, garage door)) and the Total Connect app.

    I'm considering dropping the monitoring (don't see the value in it after several years), but I'm not clear on whether I'd also lose the app/notifications in doing that. We also have enough tied up in sensors that I'd rather not buy an entirely new system but would do it as a last resort.

    Are notification apps (eg, Total Connect) always associated with paid monitoring or can I utilize them as a consumer without professional monitoring?

    Is there another recommended app that works with Honeywell systems that I can use for notifications to my (and my wife's) phone?

    If neither or those options work, should I consider another system that would integrate with the sensors that I currently have? Are there recommendations for that type of system?

    Thanks for your advice.

    submitted by /u/Ladiesman217z
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex video noise all night

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 11:37 AM PST

    I recently moved to a house where the previous owner had installed a Lorex D841 Series 4K Ultra HD DVR security system, with hardwired coax cameras. The system works well enough during the day, but when it gets dark the cameras see constant moving noise. It looks like a snowstorm from every angle, with thick flurries of white blowing in various directions.

    From my research, I gather that this is excessive video noise and that the Automatic Gain Control might fix it. Unfortunately, I don't see an AGC setting anywhere. I think it's only a feature of the IP cameras.

    The upshot is I can't use the Lorex app to alert me to motion on the front porch, because it sees constant motion once it gets dark.

    Any advice will be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Upset-Lettuce2599
    [link] [comments]

    Can I add a an RFID unit to an alarm system that currently only has keypad modules?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 02:26 AM PST

    Hi all

    We are purchasing a new house that comes with an Accent/Optima alarm system but only has pin code pads at the entry points.

    Is it a possible (and is it DIY) to change these pin code pads to RFID readers so fobs can be used instead or always entering a pin?

    I'm not an electrician but confident in basic rewiring of domestic equipment etc.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/KhalDogg0
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone had any luck editing the config file for Ezviz studio app on PC to access advanced settings menu? Even after adding the code, the advanced settings do not show up.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:20 AM PST

    Has anyone had any luck editing the config file for Ezviz studio app on PC to access advanced settings menu? Even after adding the code, the advanced settings do not show up.

    submitted by /u/OptimalAttempt3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment