• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 27, 2021

    Home security: Looking for a silent motion sensor that will alert my phone when tripped but no alarms or lights

    Home security: Looking for a silent motion sensor that will alert my phone when tripped but no alarms or lights


    Looking for a silent motion sensor that will alert my phone when tripped but no alarms or lights

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 02:25 PM PST

    Any suggestions? Was thinking maybe rig a samsung smart things motion sensor to alert my phone when tripped OR turn on a smart light in my bedroom when tripped... Is this a possibility?

    submitted by /u/djvam
    [link] [comments]

    This is why my lights, cameras and security system are all on battery backups. Secure your electrical panels.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 09:35 PM PST

    Detached garage motion sensor

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 03:22 PM PST

    I live in an apartment and have a detached garage roughly 150-200 feet away. It has a power outlet and really just need something that can send an alarm to me to notify me the garage as been opened.

    Alerts to me while i am asleep are the priority but noise alarm at the garage isnt out of the question either.

    submitted by /u/BronzeAgePirate
    [link] [comments]

    How many rounds/shells do I need to hold?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:40 PM PST

    Thinking of getting a KS12 mag-fed semi automatic shotgun for home defense. Issue is, they have 5, 10, and a 20 round drum available. How many would I need to hold in it realistically

    BONUS: how many for a rifle or pistol?

    submitted by /u/BatteryAcid69
    [link] [comments]

    Home defense while recovering from covid?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 04:26 PM PST

    I am currently recovering from covid. I have extreme body aches and kinda mild breathing problems, but don't have enough serious symptoms to get admitted to a hospital. While I was eating dinner the other day, someone tried to kick down my door. I saw through my Ring, but nothing really happened since i do have a security door. But while they were kicking, I struggled to get my Glock due to the body aches. Don't know how I would aim if they got in.

    What can I do? My mom is taking care of my dog since I don't want him to yet covid.

    submitted by /u/this2ndredditaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Is "decoy safe" really a thing?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:25 AM PST

    I'm planning on buying some bullion, and want to keep it in a safe (somewhere, idk, bolted to the floor of the attic or something). I've read about "decoy" safes, and about leaving some valuables out in the open so smash and grab robbers will think they're getting off with some loot and won't spend time looking for the real stuff.

    Does anyone actually do this?

    submitted by /u/Forged_Trunnion
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua Digital Video Recorder (DVR) - Step by Step Tutorial

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 08:54 AM PST

    US Dahua NVR with English international cameras?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:55 AM PST

    Basically I'm wondering the compatibility between a US market NVR and international Dahua IPCs. I've had a guy tell me he's had issues with older dahua gear and even the new IPCs, so I'm just checking if there's a need for a worry with compatibility. The international selection is way better for specialty gear and prices are pretty good as well.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/JonSnoGaryen
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading Analog camera (W. Cat5 Balum) to IPC, as easy as I imagine?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 06:52 AM PST

    Just want to make sure I'm not ordering the wrong thing here. I have 5 camera analog system and 2 of the 5 are running Cat5e through a balum and a 12v cable going next to it.

    I'm putting in a Dahua Penta brid dvr, if I understand this right, just cut the bnc off, put an Rj45 on it and I'm off to the races right? (I know about the config first). I could even use the 12v from the PSU to power the cameras as well as there's a line going to those cams.

    Just want to make sure I'm right here and I don't wait 3 weeks for disappointment.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/JonSnoGaryen
    [link] [comments]

    Are all home security systems (Ring, Nest, Abode, ADT) either Zigbee or Z-Wave? If so which is preferable.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:08 PM PST

    I ditched ADT today because my bill was huge and the gear was old. Looking to future-proof as well and integrate it into some home automation.

    submitted by /u/Rangdazzlah
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for hidden camera? Roommate is stealing.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:18 PM PST

    I am certain my roommate is stealing from me, in order to build a case I would like some indisputable evidence. What is a good hidden camera or a method to hide a basic nanny camera? I am looking for something I can check while away from home & preferably battery powered.

    Our shared common area is very open. Something on top of the cabinets or in a upper corner of the room that wouldn't look suspicious would work well to view the whole area.

    I'm not sure of the legality for hidden cameras but I do own the property, so hopefully that gives me the stance to protect my property. (I am in Texas, if laws vary on the state)

    I appreciate any feedback.

    submitted by /u/boisterous_burnette
    [link] [comments]

    Hikvision motion triggered snapshot takes several photos

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    How do I make it so my camera only take 1 photo? My camera takes 5 photos everytime motion is triggered. This makes it hard to find the photo with the actual person in it.

    Anyone know what Im doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Truth_Moab
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment