• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Home security: ADT gets a class action suit.

    Home security: ADT gets a class action suit.


    ADT gets a class action suit.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:06 AM PST

    Looking for advice choosing CCTV cameras

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:54 AM PST

    My family are looking into getting CCTV for our house as a result of an incident in the past couple of days.

    We've never had any cameras or anything like this before, so we don't know where to begin at all.

    We are in the UK, and are looking to spend less than £1,000, and ideally are looking for an NVR rather than a DVR.

    Please ask if you need any more information.

    submitted by /u/ArmouredBear013
    [link] [comments]

    What deadbolt/door lock should I get?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:16 AM PST

    Hello all! My house was broken into last night. Someone picked the lock, luckily the alarm scared them away, but I think this serves as a healthy reminder to replace my locks as they are over 10 years old. Are their any community favorites I should look at?

    submitted by /u/Putrid_Transition560
    [link] [comments]

    Experience with Blink cameras?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 06:21 PM PST

    Looking into cameras and blink system seems to be a good fit. Anyone have any experience with them? The cloud subscription doesn't really interest me. If I use local storage will it write over the oldest saved video when it gets full or will I have to offload the drive every time? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/bord-at-work
    [link] [comments]

    Re-use ADC-VS1 Connected Cameras

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:26 PM PST

    I just bought a house that has a CPI branded 2Gig GC2 panel, sky bell video doorbell, 2 smart thermostats, a Yale keyless deadbolt and 5 exterior cameras connected to ADC-VS1 video servers. I was considering getting a plan with Surety, but I guess the ADC-VS1 are not compatible with Surety. Is there any way to use these analog cameras with Surety? If not are there other ADC resellers (besides CPI) that support these cameras.

    submitted by /u/dccatl
    [link] [comments]

    Recs for first home security system with automatic mobile phone proximity disarming

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:45 PM PST

    I'm looking at home security systems for the first time. I'm hoping to get some recommendations base on the following requirements:

    1. We live in a single-family home.
    2. We want something that's just works, and is not fussy. We're already very busy and don't want to add a system that feels like a chore to use or maintain. I'm willing to pay a bit more for less hassle.
    3. I'm very interested systems that use mobile phone proximity to auto-arm and disarm the system. The abode system seems to have this capability.1

    Thanks!

    Update: I live in the north eastern United States.

    1. https://www.howtogeek.com/312815/how-to-arm-and-disarm-your-abode-system-automatically/
    submitted by /u/leonmo
    [link] [comments]

    Updating home system help

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:22 AM PST

    I am in the UK. Have scantronic 9651 at the minute with three sensors. Basically wondering what system to get if I wanted to make it "smart" (turn on, off from phone etc)

    Was wondering if it's possible to integrate it into a new one rather than replacing everything.

    I have read about pyronix46, but the reviews for the app that uses look shockingly bad.

    Any ideas appreciated

    submitted by /u/madden9191
    [link] [comments]

    Adding a P2P online canera to local nvr

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:48 AM PST

    I have 2 p2p only caneras that i can only access via their app.. is there a way to connect them to my nvr to record them locally please

    Thanks in advance for any help

    submitted by /u/Ryan-Borg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment