• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 30, 2021

    Home security: Does a wider mm lens mean objects close up won't be in focus?

    Home security: Does a wider mm lens mean objects close up won't be in focus?


    Does a wider mm lens mean objects close up won't be in focus?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 11:11 AM PST

    After many articles, I'm stumped. I have a long, narrow alley and am about to install a 6MM lens (Dahua IPC-HFW1831E) since I want to track them from entrance (~75 feet) all the way to trashcan (~10 feet). From reading about DORI @ 6MM, that puts Identify at 16m(53ft). I'd like to Identify people from that distance, and also if they come closer (start going through the trash).

    My question: If someone comes closer than 53 feet, does that mean the camera won't be able to focus as well? Looking at the logic for 2.8mm, this seems to follow. How much of a tradeoff is here, and am I overthinking this? :)

    submitted by /u/nicw
    [link] [comments]

    Reolink NVR (+ POE Cameras) with Alexa not possible?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2021 05:33 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment