• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 5, 2020

    Home security: Prevent my roommate from entering my room, her keys can open my room because her door has the same lock as mine.

    Home security: Prevent my roommate from entering my room, her keys can open my room because her door has the same lock as mine.


    Prevent my roommate from entering my room, her keys can open my room because her door has the same lock as mine.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 01:53 PM PST

    During this Christmas I'll be away and the only one who will stay at study house will be one roommate.

    The problem is that she is very "liberty" and has low respect to common rules.

    Her birthday is the same day as mine, and will be the 20th December, she said that I can bring friends at home to celebrate my birthday, adding that she will celebrate it another day. That's because our house is not big enough to accomodate more than 8 people at the table.

    She is staying for Christmas at home alone since she can't move to her country due to covid related reasons.

    The problem is that, as I said, me and the other roommates are very motivated to think that she will use or let use our rooms by her friends. I don't want to discover it by finding something out of place, I want to prevent it.

    Her room has essentially the same lock door as mine, so our keys can open both doors, so locking my door would be useless.

    Have you a way to prevent her from entering my room while I'm not there? I can't replace the lock as my contract establish that I can't.

    For lazy readers: I'm looking for a way to prevent my roommate to enter my room, she can because her key can also open my door. I can't replace the lock.

    submitted by /u/Fucur
    [link] [comments]

    CP Plus NVR vs Ubuntu PC with MotionEye

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:50 AM PST

    I'm in the process of setting up 4 IP security cameras at my place. Currently I'm running motionEye on an Ubuntu PC and it works great. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to keep running my PC 24x7. Also, it might increase my electricity bill. So, I'm thinking about buying this CP Plus NVR. I already have their IP cameras, which are satisfactory.

    Has anyone used their NVR? Is it stable and reliable? Can they capture and store motion detected videos?

    My PC is an i5 intel with 8GB RAM and 500GB hard disk. It's an old PC, but hardly used. Can anyone comment on it's stability if it's going to run 24x7?

    Edit: Links to the NVR that I'm referring to https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07RYN3SQP https://www.cpplusworld.com/cp-unr-4k4082-v2

    submitted by /u/comeontarz
    [link] [comments]

    View Axis IP camera SD Card recording from phone app? Camera has no internet access.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:33 AM PST

    Hi all, as titled. I'm aware of the Axis Companion phone app for viewing SD Card recordings from the camera, but after some testing, it turns out that the IP camera itself has to have internet access to Axis servers in order for the phone app to be able to connect to it.

    I'm looking for an Android app that can view Axis IP camera SD Card recordings when the phone is connected to the same WIFI network as the IP camera, where said network has no internet access.

    I have tried the TinyCam app. While it can access the camera's live stream without the camera having internet access, it cannot access the camera's SD Card recordings. I understand - as a workaround - I could simply access the camera's webUI from a phone's web browser, but this is just not as convenient as a nicely done app.

    Just wondering if there are other app suggestions, or workaround suggestions.

    tl;dr: Looking for a phone app to view Axis camera SD card recordings, without the camera itself having internet access.

    submitted by /u/hamustaro
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment