• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 6, 2020

    Home security: Moved into a new home, please help me turn this off

    Home security: Moved into a new home, please help me turn this off


    Moved into a new home, please help me turn this off

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 11:24 AM PST

    Just moved into a new home and the owners left me with no info about their old system. https://imgur.com/a/Bhd8Kzo

    Can you please help me turn this off permanently. If I get one more alarm for a low battery I will flip. It also drives my dogs nuts.

    submitted by /u/Balfire
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera for apartment garage w/ open wifi

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 10:58 PM PST

    My own unit's wifi is too far to reach the garage otherwise. Is it possible to install a wifi security camera and
    (1) connect it to an open wifi network provided by the apartment complex (like xfinity) &
    (2) for me to monitor it with a device that's connected that wifi network?
    (3) Presumably, anyone connected to that network would potentially be able to access the camera as well, correct?
    (4) Camera recommendations would be appreciated if the above is feasible.
    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/International-Ad3494
    [link] [comments]

    Need a simple door alarm system

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Hi, I'm currently living in a flat and I'd like to install an intruder alarm on the front door. What system would you recommend that isn't too expensive? I live in the UK btw.

    Ideally, I'm looking for one that has a keypad and a short delay before the alarm goes off because I don't want to wake up the neighbours every time I come home.

    Also, I want something without smartphone notifications or anything like that. This is because I want an alarm that will actually scare the intruders away, rather than just tell me I'm being burgled.

    We have a dog which is always running around so a motion sensor would be unsuitable.

    I'm a few floors up so my windows are probably safe.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/fireintheforest20
    [link] [comments]

    Looking into new Home Security System (Please Help!)

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 07:41 AM PST

    Bought a home in April of this year. Previous owners had ADT. Wasnt too sold on having their system in our house after a few weeks of contemplation and some info I got from several members of this subreddit. I ended up going with Protect America after having some knowledge of their system considering I lived with my parents while they had their system since 2015 or 16, and because of their price.

    PA used Alarm.com, upgraded system from my parents old system. Fast forward, PA got bought out by Brinks. Ever since then, there has been nothing but issues. Multiple times, I've gotten into multiple hour phone calls with Brinks and they offered no help in some concerning situations with them. They couldnt figure out why when I arm my system Arm Away, it kicks onto Arm Stay. After some trial and error on my end, I ended up finding the solution to my own problem with no help from them.

    My house if very well protected as far as door and window sensors. But Now... my new issue is that the motion sensor (That worked while PA was still its own company, now seemly stopped working under Brinks) doesn't seem to detect when someone walks by it when the system is armed away, especially when I'm 6ft from it waving my arms frantically. I've done everything from arming it from the panel, arming it from my phone, arming it and opening an exit point, the motion detector will not do its job. But if I put it into test mode it seems to pick me up no problem.

    I am at my wits end here with this company and am ready to bite the bullet and take the fine for breaking contract. Considering I have a newborn on the way in less than two months, this is a very big issue for my wife & I. I need some advice on which company can protect my family and my home without me having to worry if things will work correctly. I'm starting to think getting rid of ADT was a bad Idea, and I see their signs at a lot of houses in towns that I work in. I'm looking to get away from Alarm.com companies and go with a company that has their own app and everything like that but with a good price.. PLEASE HELP!

    submitted by /u/DJInvasion
    [link] [comments]

    CP Plus NVR vs Ubuntu PC with MotionEye

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:43 AM PST

    I'm in the process of setting up 4 IP security cameras at my place. Currently I'm running motionEye on an Ubuntu PC and it works great. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea of keep running my PC 24x7. Also, it might increase my electricity bill. So, I'm thinking about buying this CP Plus NVR. I already have their IP cameras, which are satisfactory.

    Has anyone used their NVR? Is it stable and reliable? Can they capture and store motion detected videos?

    My PC is an i5 intel with 8GB RAM and 500GB hard disk. It's an old PC, but hardly used. Can anyone comment on it's stability if it's going to run 24x7?

    Edit: Links to the NVR that I'm referring to https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07RYN3SQP https://www.cpplusworld.com/cp-unr-4k4082-v2

    submitted by /u/comeontarz
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my alarm not working?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 03:30 AM PST

    I recently moved in a new apartment and it has an alarm system from about 20 years ago with motion sensor, which blinking it's LED, but the keypad and the system overall is not working. I have no idea what went wrong with this thing, or when did it went bad, but I'd like to fix it if I can without huge expenses.

    Here are some pictures of the keypad in and out: https://imgur.com/a/RkVZZD7

    submitted by /u/salamiakki
    [link] [comments]

    Night owl HD connection issues

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 07:24 AM PST

    Hello all, I have a night owl HD security system at my house and I am only able to access it on my phone through wifi but not through data. What's the issue?

    submitted by /u/throwsterrip
    [link] [comments]

    Solar Flashlight

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 05:31 AM PST

    Why would you need a flashlight in the sunlight, evidently just to charge. I only have the HybridLight Journey 300, but they seem to have several other products that provide the same survival perks. The flashlight runs for up to 50 hours on a single charge, charges in a couple of hours of sunlight, holds a charge for 7 years, can also be charged by a wall outlet, can be used to charge other devices, floats, is waterproof, feels great in the hand, and even aims its solar panel upward when placed on its side. Definitely worth checking out for those that may be looking for a new tool to add to the home security portfolio.

    https://hybridlight.com/

    Last I checked, you can still save 20% with the code LED14.

    submitted by /u/dudelively
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment