• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 26, 2020

    Home security: How hard is it to learn commercial security systems?

    Home security: How hard is it to learn commercial security systems?


    How hard is it to learn commercial security systems?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 09:06 AM PST

    I have my A+ certification and have been a computer tech for the last 5 years but I really just hate doing this job. I have a new opportunity doing industrial work which I think fits my personality better since I hate being around people. Are security systems more advanced to than computers and IT?

    submitted by /u/Patient-Chemical6146
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for a video doorbell without a subscription?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:06 PM PST

    I'm looking into replacing the Ring doorbell for our apartment, due to the subscription required for viewing historical events, their terrible cyber- security and privacy record, and the issues with some models spontaneously exploding.

    Looking for these features - No subscription required - Local recording to an external NAS - Wi-Fi connectivity - Preferably no base station - Live viewing capability from phone - Mic enabled to talk to people at the door - Mobile event notifications - Battery powered

    Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/aragorn841
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security system looking for advice

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 11:41 AM PST

    Hello,

    I have never bought anything like this before so I am looking for the best option for me. This is what I would like if possible.

    I have a standard town neighborhood townhouse with a front door, back door, and garage door. I would like if possible to have cameras and some kind of motion sensors on all of these doors at the door and a certain distance away from the door if possible?

    I would like the ability to take pictures and video if needed from all three locations.

    Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/WhupTeDew
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some guidance on my new Lorex LW1741AC1 surveillance camera.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 02:36 AM PST

    Just picked up a new Lorex camera and only then found out they've discontinued this model and it's associated hardware. I reached out to the manufacturer to see what options I have to use it with another system and they've been less than helpful. Does anyone happen to know what other brands and/or systems this model is compatible with? TIA for any info you can offer.

    submitted by /u/TheNarrator-88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment