• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 1, 2020

    Home security: Free tools to convert DAV to MP4?

    Home security: Free tools to convert DAV to MP4?


    Free tools to convert DAV to MP4?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:13 AM PST

    So I have about 600 files of footage I need converted to MP4 or any other universal format, the player that the Dahua NVR provides is horseshit at best to convert video and is super slow and does not batch convert.

    I have found some demo softwares that kinda work, but they blow up the file size about 400% once converted (literally from 100MB to 400++ MB).

    Let me know if you have any ideas on getting this setup. Solution can be windows, linux, a docker image, idgaf.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/JonSnoGaryen
    [link] [comments]

    My wife wants to get alarm.com stuff.. but is it the right choice?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:01 PM PST

    We're currently shopping for home security stuff as our neighborhood has actually been impacted by recent unrest.

    My wife is fixated on alarm.com for some reason haha, we're looking to get cameras, sensors, panels etc. Not sure that's the right choice and I'm trying to hone in on a good brand.

    To those that use/have tested alarm.com stuff. Is it high quality or not?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/raise_your_ticket
    [link] [comments]

    Newb calculating camera footage archive settings for a small property

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 01:15 PM PST

    My property is under 2k square feet and I will have 7 cameras that can record up to 2k quality video. I'm calculating the amount of storage I will need for video footage. Ideally I plan on only saving events where people/motion is detected. Given this what video retention settings would any of you recommend?

    So far I'm considering the following settings:

    Retention Days: 30

    Frames per second: 10

    Resolution: 1080p

    Any advice on striking a balance on video clip retention would be welcome as I'm fairly new to this.

    submitted by /u/outerdankness
    [link] [comments]

    Security system from scratch

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:43 PM PST

    Looking for to get a system for my house that is monitored. Would prefer to have ability to integrate into Home Assistant.

    I'm thinking the Envisalink paired with a DSC or Honeywell board is the way to go. Which boards are recommended that they are compatible with?

    Do they make wireless door/window/motion sensors and keypads compatible with those boards? My house has no wiring. I know hardwire is best, but not an option right now.

    submitted by /u/scottymtp
    [link] [comments]

    Best DVR camera system that you can view real time footage over internet or app?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:53 AM PST

    I've read somewhere that there are DVR systems that can hook up to the internet with an Ethernet cord and you'd be able to see the feed from a smart phone or something as well as have the video recorded onto a DVR device. I'm really wanting something soon and something that's the most bang for the buck, and we gotta get it soon because our home had been a victim of some pranks from a neighbor that can't let the past go for some reason, and threw a log at our door last night. Thank Christ it didn't break anything, but due to not having a camera we can't pursue a lot of legal ramifications.

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/logowazlike
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For Asset Protection sensors

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:39 PM PST

    I have some rare collectables that I am looking to protect. I have bought a 2gig GC2 as my alarm (I already have one for my house) these are fairly small so I would like something that has an external sensor and a 2nd piece that goes on the object. obviously I could use a door sensor but i'm wondering if their is any other options?

    submitted by /u/MrBr1an1204
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment