• Breaking News

    Friday, November 13, 2020

    Home security: Wyze v2

    Home security: Wyze v2


    Wyze v2

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:40 PM PST

    I've been looking at numerous outdoor cameras and narrowed it down to a few.

    The Wyze V2 is one of those choices. If I were to buy those $10+ mounting brackets, would it be good to keep outside in the middle of the winter when its below freezing temps and snowing? I'm putting it under an eavestrough agaisnt the house, but that obviously doesn't protect it from other angles. And the power cable it comes with looks like a regular usb adapter. Would that hold up outdoors?

    And I want some more info on the storage. If I get an SD card for it, I won't need to pay for any sort of cloud storage? Does this mean I can access all the videos straight from my phone at anytime? With it plugged into an outlet, does this mean it'll be 24/7 recordings?

    submitted by /u/RealCanadianDragon
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an in home camera setup with live access to footage for less than 500 AUD

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:34 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    Looking for a 3-4 camera setup to capture footage in house.

    Main things required are: 1) Access to monitor the footage remotely via app 2) Record and backup to SD card (preferably) 3) 1080p

    I'm still doing my research, but appreciate any recommendations.

    submitted by /u/kiwianab
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for budget camera system

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:33 AM PST

    I've been on the fence about getting cameras for my house for the last year or so, but an finally ready to bite the bullet.

    I don't live in a bad neighborhood, but I have a co-worker who's house gotten broke into the other night, and they made away with more than I would be willing to lose... And he lives in an even nicer neighborhood than I do. Plus, my work has had people roaming around our parking lot at night checking door handles 3 times in the last week.

    I'm looking for a PoE system (I can make custom length cables) with it's own NVR. 4-6 cameras(expandable to 8), and decent IR(give or take 80ft)

    I'm really wanting to keep my budget under $800.

    Located in the US, if that makes a difference to anyone here.

    EDIT Thank you all for the advice, i ended up getting an Amcrest 4 cam with NVR kit... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y5NWZGX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 and i will report back once i get it in and setup!

    submitted by /u/wayoko
    [link] [comments]

    Need a cheap ONVIF Speaker.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 06:19 AM PST

    Will be connecting to milestone xprotect and using triggers to play an alarm or audio message. Just need an ONVIF compatable speaker or device with speaker.

    Any suggestions? Ideally it would be powered by adapter not PoE since I am out of poe slots.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Warptrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Optical zoom POE camera to see license plates at 30-50 yards driving directly towards the camera, don't need PTZ

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Have a long driveway that dead ends towards the house. Would like to capture the license plates of cars coming up the driveway day and night. The driveway is already somewhat illuminated. Luckily I can place the camera right at the end of the driveway so the cars will be driving directly towards it at 25mph max. My hope is to simply zoom in so the width of the driveway approximately fills up the screen or as close to this as possible. The closest I'll be able to get the camera to the car is 30-50 yards due to layout, no way around this.

    Any suggestions on a fixed optical zoom POE cam that would be good for this? I'm not opposed to PTZ but I don't necessarily need it and if the choice exists would rather spend money on a better pure zoom feature.

    submitted by /u/and_eazy
    [link] [comments]

    My car is being broken into at night.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 06:03 AM PST

    I'm going to explain what I want to do first. If there is a lot of interest, I guess I could add the story in an edit.

    I don't know how they're getting in. Doesn't matter. I want to catch them. What I'm thinking is a battery powered security camera disguised in an Amazon box. I want to make sure the camera can't just be taken, so I want to run a strong bicycle chain through he bottom of the box and chain the camera to the underside of the passenger seat.

    I don't know anything about home security cameras, but obviously it needs both good day & night vision. I assume that's common enough. Here's the tricky part. If this isn't doable I get it. But I'd really like the camera to upload the footage as it's taken? Like, have a copy local on the camera, but also when it's in my driveway could it auto connect to my wifi and upload then? I'm really only looking to secure the vehicle while it's home. Just in case they do take the camera?

    Here's the other thing. I'd like to get a phone call or something when my car door is opened. I know this stuff is out there, but I have no idea what words to google to find it.

    Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/inkblot888
    [link] [comments]

    DSC wire locating

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 05:11 AM PST

    Doing a revamp of an existing DSC panel. Zones are already all hard wired. How can I find out which wires go to what devices? I could do a continuity test but some of the sensors are mounted in the wall and rather not have to remove them. Anyway this can be done inside the panel??

    submitted by /u/Act_Front
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment