• Breaking News

    Friday, November 13, 2020

    Home security: Someone is entering my house and I need to catch them

    Home security: Someone is entering my house and I need to catch them


    Someone is entering my house and I need to catch them

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:38 AM PST

    I bought some Wyze smart cams for my house and they're great.

    BUT, a different property of mine, which is vacant at the moment, has had some visitors of some kind. I keep returning to find lights on, things moved, etc. Problem is there's no wifi there right now as I wait for the sale to go through. The only other people who have access are the realtor but they have not been there.

    I'm wondering what options I have for cheap recording of the house without wifi? I need to leave something there for a few days. Emphasis on cheap—'I was considering setting up and leaving some Wyze cams there but that's kind of weird because I have to set them up on my wifi then bring them over.

    Any tips would be MUCH appreciated. Very creeped out!

    submitted by /u/dk325
    [link] [comments]

    53% off YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p on Amazon

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 01:31 PM PST

    YI Outdoor Security Camera, 1080p Cloud Cam IP Waterproof Night Vision Surveillance System with 24/7 Emergency Response Motion Detection, Activity Alert, Deterrent Alarm, Phone App, Work with Alexa - it's $39.99 today, one of the early Black Friday deals

    submitted by /u/Manpiron
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor exposes himself while inside his house - what are my options (US)?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 03:05 PM PST

    I hope this isn't outside the scope of this sub but wasn't sure where to post. We have a neighbor who's an older, single man and like to walk around his house naked with the blinds open. This is clearly deliberate - he keeps the binds up just above waist level and will walk up to the window and peek through the blinds to see if anyone's looking at him. He's also gone beyond that and started wanking it while standing at the window with his blinds open, though that's only happened once. A few times he's walked around in his front yard completely naked, and when confronted about this he's said "it's a free country" and something about free love (I take it he's Woodstock generation). Suffice it to say we don't enjoy this behavior, and with a young child in our home this isn't something we want easily visible. I should point out there's absolutely no trees, bushes or obstructions between our windows - he lives across the street. I could share a picture that clearly shows this behavior, but I'll spare everyone on this sub's eyes.

    The options I can think of are:

    1. Be a friendly neighbor and talk to him. We've been shunning him after this behavior started and he's clearly noticed we ignore him and isn't happy about it, so we're not on great footing to come to an understanding.
    2. Call the police. I'm not sure what parts of this activity are illegal, and I don't want to waste their time with stupid stuff like this.
    3. Shame him publicly - I have pictures of this behavior, I can blur out the NSFW parts and post this stuff on nextdoor, telephone poles, etc. Or I could just show him a printout and threaten him with it. I'm doubtful that would have any lasting effects and I don't want to start a war.
    4. Build something tall so we can't see him from our house. I think I've convinced myself while writing this post that this is the right approach. Unfortunately the situation is complicated, our house is raised up a bit and due to the yard/walking path/planters it would probably cost more than I want to spend.
    5. Find him a girlfriend?

    I honestly can't believe I'm having to write this. Wtf is wrong with some people.

    submitted by /u/Beneficial_Cow2588
    [link] [comments]

    EasiLok deadbolt used as doorknob, reinforced 8 inch wide strike plate and large metal knob area, with 3-inch screws in the frame, and an extra hinge-style doorstopper on very solid wood bedroom door.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    No gun home defense - Ballistic shield

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 11:14 AM PST

    Does anyone consider a ballistic shield a good tool for home defense? Let's say the home owner has no gun, but has a thrusting weapon like a gladius or short spear in one hand and a ballistic shield in the other. I wonder how effective that would be?

    submitted by /u/Abject_Owl_1592
    [link] [comments]

    Knocks on side of house

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 08:55 PM PST

    Hi, so as of the last week, there has been 2 known occurances of knocking on the side of my house. All around 2AM. This is for sure not an animal, or object. Last night was a distinctive knock, the one you do at a friends you frequently visit. "Dun dun dun dun dun... Dun DUN!", (If that makes sense). The sound of knuckles on wood siding, quite distinct.

    I also have a doorbell camera that has not caught anything, but it does not point to that area. Whomever or whatever is knocking has always knocked on a side the camera cannot see.

    I'd imagine it's either kids, or someone with worse intentions. I'm going with the second option because there are few kids in my area and many older or elderly folks.

    Any tips on deterring or better determining what's happening? I have ordered an exterior camera to face that direction, and am a firearm owner. I also know not to exit my house and venture out in this event. I do have family and it scares them more than myself.

    submitted by /u/jakeman8888
    [link] [comments]

    SECURITY CAMERA RECOMMENDATION

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 12:42 AM PST

    Hello all,

    Looking for a recommendation on a legit security camera for my home. Currently have the eufy camera and it's almost comparable with the disposable cameras from the 90's. Lol

    Willing to go hardwired. Need good night quality and and good motion detection/alert. Audible alarm is preferred but not mandatory.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/abp105
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment