• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Home security: Outdoor deterrent system for my front porch?

    Home security: Outdoor deterrent system for my front porch?


    Outdoor deterrent system for my front porch?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Long story short, dad's truck got cased last night (he keeps no valuables in it overnight) and now I'm interested in putting something outside to deter people from walking up onto my porch. We have a pretty large gravel driveway immediately attached to a large field; there's not a lot of cover, but it's very dark at night and people a street over can walk through it right up to our house.

    I'm thinking either a motion-detecting light or something that makes a lot of noise, as well as a camera of some sort (I think it might be some people a street or two over being fucking assholes). My budget isn't huge but I'm gonna buy what is needed, no cheapo infomercial shit wanted.

    My dog keeps people away from getting too close to the porch itself, but I think if they walk up from the far end and don't make a lotta noise he might not notice them. He's getting old after all.

    Anyways, suggestions and advice much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/leaveroomfornature
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to install certificates in XProtect if I intend to only use it for cameras on LAN?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Hello. Setting up home security cameras for the first time and its a bit overwhelming. I was using iSpy for a while but read XProtect was much better. I dont intend to use the software outside my LAN. Should I still install encryption certificates for the server, streaming and mobile streaming?

    Sorry if this is simple, I've never done this before and Im a bit overwhelmed by the task.

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/topfight
    [link] [comments]

    How to secure community mailbox?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Local crooks have started breaking into community mailboxes. They recently hit our mailbox, and every week since there is a post on NextDoor about another neighborhood being hit.

    It looks like they are simply twisting the lock with vise grips. Any suggestions on how to make it harder for these punks? Is there any lock designs that are less prone to such a simple attack?

    Photo shows a similar mailbox to what our neighborhood has.

    https://i.imgur.com/ZsUKgRk.jpg

    submitted by /u/pr0nsurfer
    [link] [comments]

    This HomeKit Camera Detects Your Face! | The Logitech Circle View

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 01:17 PM PST

    Top 8 Front Door Handlesets 2020 | Reviews & Buying Guide

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 11:51 AM PST

    Difference between Argus 2 and Argus Pro

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 03:38 AM PST

    WikiHow / Tutorial on setting up a PC to be an NVR for homesecurity

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:33 PM PST

    submitted by /u/Vanfreyr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment