• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Home security: Ademco 6139 keypad breaks my dog

    Home security: Ademco 6139 keypad breaks my dog


    Ademco 6139 keypad breaks my dog

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 01:12 PM PST

    Seriously... that beep tone is the sound of impending doom to her. My 45lb pitbull mix hides under desks or furniture and shakes uncontrollably whenever a button on the panel is touched.

    Is there any way to say "no thank you" to the beeps, either via a command for the panel itself, or a control of the Vista 20P?

    submitted by /u/swy
    [link] [comments]

    Advice needed--use DSC Power832 PC5010 in our new home or replace?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:08 PM PST

    We just moved into a home that has an existing DSC Power832 PC5010 system that was installed in 2004. We were able to get the master code from the previous owners and it appears to be functioning...set up for door opening detection, motion detection at entryways, and smoke detection. We live in rural Colorado with satellite internet and present-but-not-great cell service, so I believe the system was connected to the house's land line. I have contacted several local companies to inquire about monitoring and have gotten wildly different answers. Some said there's no way we can still use it and we need to spend 7k on a new system, some said they'd cover the entire cost of a new system and pressured me to make a decision over the phone, some say they can use the existing system and no need to replace. What's the deal? Does anyone know what the truth is? Also, I have friends that have had a great experience with SimpliSafe and highly recommend it. Anyone able to provide unbiased advice? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/javfraser
    [link] [comments]

    Security Camera Software

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 08:12 PM PST

    Hi,

    I am looking at installing some security cameras around the house. I understand I can get poe/ethernet/wifi cameras and set them up on my network.

    What Im not familiar with is what software is available to work with this setup.

    Minimum would be to record all video (or all video based on motion) to an external hardrive.

    Bonus would be to view it remotely, either via app, browser of remote connection.

    Also, if I run poe/ethernet, what can i do to stop someone unplugging it and connecting to my network via the cable.

    Any help appreciated

    submitted by /u/TheMeteorShower
    [link] [comments]

    Replace dumb lock w/ electronic lock

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 02:24 PM PST

    We are looking to replace our front door with a smart lock that works with HomeKit. The two leading options are the schlage sense and the Yale Assure SL. Any thoughts between them?

    One of the unresolved questions we have is getting a lock with a key bypass or only having the keypad. Some of the reviews indicated the Yale is easily pickable.

    submitted by /u/jalm1
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for a security system. I am moving to a property with very poor internet. I would like to set up 4 cameras to watch the property. Preferably wireless. Is this possible with a poor internet connection? Can you recommend a system if possible? Hopefully under $1000.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:43 PM PST

    What am I missing here? Someone please tell me what I'm missing.....crazy deal here.

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:33 PM PST

    Alarm for a door being left open

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 07:13 AM PST

    I'm looking for an alarm that would sound/chime when a door is left open (not when the door is opened) that doesn't require a companion app. Do you have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Medico_Quienz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment