• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 3, 2020

    Home security: Looking for a new camera system

    Home security: Looking for a new camera system


    Looking for a new camera system

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 08:08 AM PST

    So I want to upgrade our cameras from the cheap Yi Home cameras we have. These are horrible for false notifications. but better to be able to view them than not. Previously we've run Arlo too but the batteries were a big expense and we ran into issues with connectivity on one of the cameras.

    I want IP cameras because the performance of hardwire is so solid, but my wife really wants to stay wireless in case we want to move them. I'm trying to sway her but it may just make sense to pick my battles.

    4-6 cameras would be ideal and the budget is going to be around $400-$600.

    I was looking at Lorex and Amcrest. are there others to consider? these are external so I'm less concerned about anyone hacking them and watching us, but I don't like the idea of someone just killing the whole system with a jammer. ADHD is in full swing sorry for being all over the place.

    submitted by /u/OakleyGuyX
    [link] [comments]

    IR light to boost camera’s NV?

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 11:59 AM PST

    Someone suggested setting up an infrared light to boost my camera's night vision as opposed to getting brighter outdoor LED lights.

    Is this the right move and if so what kind of IR should I get? Is there anything that's solar powered that I can buy on AMAZON?

    submitted by /u/ajeandy
    [link] [comments]

    Best security cam 24x7 surveillance without monthly subscription.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 09:04 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'm looking to buy 2 cameras one for 1 main door and 1 for garage entrance. Which can provides 24x7 surveillance. And maybe motion detection notice if possible.

    I'm looking for something without monthly subscription.

    Any suggestions would really be appreciated, something available in canada.

    submitted by /u/readit12a
    [link] [comments]

    ADT safewatch300EN screen stopped working but keypad itself works

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I don't know why this happened but maybe the screen has gone bad but I already know it is a rebranded vista 20p but without the screen I can not tell what is causing a fault I can not arm it and the battery is dead so when the power goes out and and comes back on it can arm but then if I disarm it will not arm again.

    submitted by /u/meltonpot717
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a cheap IP camera compatible with an Annke DN41R DVR

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 04:16 AM PST

    Finding a cheap IP camera compatible with an Annke DN41R DVR

    Hello,

    I have an existing DVR setup with cabled non-ip cameras, this system works well but I'm looking to add a cheap IP camera to make cabling easier which will just be used to keep an eye on dogs.

    Basically I'm unsure how to determine compatibility -the protocol dropdown when adding a camera suggests that the DVR supports both IPCAM and ONVIF, but I'm struggling to find these specifics when looking at cameras. Essentially I need a cheap IP camera that isn't locked down to the manufacturers own app.

    IPCAM and ONVIF support

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SuccessfulMovie
    [link] [comments]

    Thief strikes again. Need help

    Posted: 03 Nov 2020 05:50 AM PST

    Not going to really go into detail as I don't know shit about fuck as to how this dude managed to do it twice with people home.

    The first time was a "plant" outdoors he managed to get cut the "tree" out of the ground at night. Then this dude straight up steals one of our atvs that had a dead battery and rolls this thing out I guess. I'm and idiot for not having cameras in the first place but I kind of assumed that someone is always home and I have two large dogs that they wouldn't be needed, well I assumed wrong.

    My house is pretty much safe as if who ever that person is try's to break in both my dogs would chew threw a door to get at them my main problem is ways to catch people sneaking on the property and stopping them, not with death as I don't live in America

    submitted by /u/proffesional-clown
    [link] [comments]

    Setup for a new home

    Posted: 02 Nov 2020 07:52 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment