• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Home security: Is it possible for there to be an underground tunnel to my basement from my neighbour’s basement?

    Home security: Is it possible for there to be an underground tunnel to my basement from my neighbour’s basement?


    Is it possible for there to be an underground tunnel to my basement from my neighbour’s basement?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:25 PM PST

    The only problem is I don't see any tunnel openings. There are no cracks, lines, foundation crumbles or debris.

    My ex has threatened that he has "easy access" to my house but I'm not sure how.

    He doesn't have keys and we have security cameras at our front and back doors.

    submitted by /u/Big-Feedback-8826
    [link] [comments]

    24/7 High quality outdoor hybrid camera + audio (also looking for doorbell suggestions)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 07:20 PM PST

    I've been researching for hours and am having trouble deciding how to upgrade my system. Currently I have a wired system with wires running throughout my house. For the first floor, I'd like to update to wireless or hybrid with audio. I plan on keeping the wired cameras for the 2nd floor. They will be used for residential and to identify people trying to break into car or attempt to check doors so can be reported to police and neighbors.

    Outdoor camera (upgrade): currently have Night Owl which is fine but looking for more features such as

    - 2-3 high quality cameras (2K or 4K if possible)

    - 24/7 recording along with motion detector events/send to phone and/or email (Night Owl currently has this feature which is nice)

    - night vision with accurate color

    - audio (does not need to be 2 way but I want to be able to hear outside)

    - wireless or hybrid (the one where you can plug into an outlet)

    - recording to local storage preferred but would consider cloud storage if the system was worth it

    Doorbell camera (upgrade): currently have a Skybell which doesn't catch as much as I would like even with sensitivity on high

    - looking for similar to above (24/7 recording to local storage preferred)

    I've looked at Arlo Ultra and the features would be perfect if it had 24/7 recording, hybrid, and local storage. It seems like the wireless 24/7 options would drain batteries fast so solar could be an option too if possible. Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/lindenberry
    [link] [comments]

    Security system install, before or after window replacement?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:43 AM PST

    I'm sure it depends on the type of system, but in most cases is there any wisdom to waiting to have a professional installer put in a home security system before whole house window replacement?

    submitted by /u/tranemiles
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to stop porch pirates?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:30 PM PST

    I'm 21 and plan to move to an apartment in Portland, Oregon in the next few months for a job at a startup. I'll likely end up ordering packages once every few weeks to a month.


    [link] [comments]

    What is the best way to protect important documents?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 04:16 PM PST

    Some people seem to be for at-home (or in my case, apartment) safes. Others seem to believe they're not that great. Safes seem to vary greatly in quality too.


    [link] [comments]

    Self hosted recorder + 4K camera for 50-75 feet distance

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 02:03 PM PST

    Hi, I have particular corner that's about 50 - 75 feet away from the place I can mount security camera. Camera will be indoors right behind the window. Preferably with decent night vision. I need to be able to read license plates.

    My initial thought was ubiquiti g4 pro but that camera itself is $450 + price of ubiquiti recorder makes it really expensive.

    I have plenty of my own hardware to dedicate for recorder. Preferably camera would run off PoE cable. Please advise.

    submitted by /u/kanzude
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to replace my Wyzecam v2 indoor cams.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 03:42 AM PST

    Wyzecam is too unreliable. The app is buggy and I get a lot of issues with it. It's really not just me because my partner gets the same experience too.

    The features that are important to me:

    • Live streaming
    • Continuous recording onto a memory card
    • A good mobile app experience
    submitted by /u/flip_sunset
    [link] [comments]

    Security Cameras not made by China?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 09:10 AM PST

    I'm getting pissed because I can't find any well priced, offline security camera systems, which are not made by shady tech companies or CCP controlled businesses. Even the offline options from china are not OK because they will leave software vulnerabilities in their proprietary video management programs so that they can still get your data if they want it... Any product recommendations? I definitely don't want anything cloud-based.

    submitted by /u/Mediocre-Performer45
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment