• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Home security: Buying IP PoE Cameras in the UK

    Home security: Buying IP PoE Cameras in the UK


    Buying IP PoE Cameras in the UK

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:36 AM PST

    We recently had our house rewired and had a bunch of CAT6 cabling run. I now have a rack of Ubiquiti hardware including a PoE switch. I'd like to get a couple of turret cameras to monitor the front and rear of the house which I plan to hookup to a repurposed PC using something such as Zoneminder or Blue Iris.

    However right now my main problem is trying to buy a decent camera here in the UK. Both Hikvision and Dahua seem to be trade only, even in eCommerce shops that have been recommended as previously selling to consumers. Amcrest seems to be another brand that is recommended (I know the US has banned Hikvision and Dahua because of the China embargo's) but only seems to be available in the US. Ideally I'd like to get a camera with a decent level of motion detection/alerting built in so I can off-load it from the PC I plan to repurpose as it won't be the most amazing spec.

    Does anyone have any recommendation on brands or shops where I may be able to find what I'm looking for here in the UK?

    submitted by /u/85sr
    [link] [comments]

    Cameras beside Hikvision Acusense that have good in-camera object/motion detection?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:25 AM PST

    I bought two (Reolink and Amcrest) ip cameras to use with my Suveillence Station and the Reolink has been awful with false positives and missing actual events. Are there any other cameras that have good in-camera intelligent motion detection? I currently have a number of Nest cameras that I consider a good benchmark.

    submitted by /u/tasslehawf
    [link] [comments]

    Simplisafe - current pricing vs. Black Friday?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:55 AM PST

    I just moved into a new house and am looking into setting up a security system.

    I see that the current Simplisafe deal is 25% off + free camera ($99). This seems like a pretty good deal, but wanted to see how that compares to normal Black Friday deals. Is it worth waiting a couple more weeks before pulling the trigger?

    submitted by /u/natecopter123
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to mount a Foscam Indoor Camera (FI9821P) on a window pointing out.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Looking to mount a Foscam Indoor Camera (FI9821P) on a window pointing out.

    Is there a mount that will allow you to mount an indoor camera pointing out a window. I need the camera pointing the opposite way it normally would or in the same direction of the mount. It's the window above my front door, so there is no window sill.

    It's the Foscam FI9821P. looks like this with the included mount.

    https://preview.redd.it/1btnmdgs19y51.png?width=589&format=png&auto=webp&s=cc26538a0971407ec6bde47fbe02630add804b9c

    submitted by /u/willwar63
    [link] [comments]

    Im looking for a solution to my camera problem

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:12 AM PST

    IP Cameras -- Cloud and Ethernet

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:44 PM PST

    Hello, planning on being away from my apartment for a few months and was looking into good security procedures. I am planning on getting an IP camera just to make sure there are no unwanted intruders, although I don't have many valuables (mostly a computer).

    I have an Amcrest 1080p I purchased perhaps a year and a half ago. The several times I used it, I had issues where if there were wifi disconnections, I would lose the connection to the camera and basically it wouldn't reconnect. I now have an ethernet connection. I was wondering if anyone has ever had a problem with an ethernet-connected IP camera? Also, are cloud services in general safe to use? I don't care if anyone saw my apartment, but I suppose I am worried that somehow through my IP address that someone could target my home. Is that reasonable or extremely unlikely?

    Finally, any recommendations for good IP cameras besides Amcrest?

    submitted by /u/brsystem
    [link] [comments]

    "Smart" diy alarm system

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:01 PM PST

    I am searching for some alarm system for my new house and i tough getting some aliexpress alarm system, can someone recommend (or against) some especific system?

    I am currently interested on:

    Emastiff w4b: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOxV3ol

    And

    Kerui k52: https://a.aliexpress.com/_msTIQTr

    I got a price quote from veruise (i think its is an international company) and they charge too much monthly and for installation and they don't have fence sensors.

    I really don't mind getting my hands dirty and making something, i will get some reolink cameras and a synology NAS, so something that can complement this with one app would be excellent,but is not necessarily, just some good app (because my family travels alot and our actual system was disabled because too much false alarms)

    Ps I don't live in usa or uk where the is some company like simply safe, or ring.

    submitted by /u/RafaelZBr
    [link] [comments]

    Cheapest Outdoor Camera That Runs On Battery

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:32 PM PST

    The outdoor wyze camera seems like the best option, but it's not available (or is it).

    What is the next best option? One that runs on battery, night vision, sd card, phone alerts, no extra charges, etc.

    Also, are there any cheap cameras that can be triggered by motion through windows. The regular wyze can't.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/JL99995
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment