• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 10, 2020

    Home security: I need Help!

    Home security: I need Help!


    I need Help!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:15 PM PST

    So I'm in the process of closing on a house. It does not have any security systems installed. I'm looking for a camera system that does not require a monthly payment. I only need 2 outdoor cameras and one indoor camera but I won't be mad if there are packages with more cameras included. I've seen a few options but I have no idea what anything means so please explain everything like I'm 5. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tubaman16
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to replace Arlo cameras, what do I need?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 08:40 PM PST

    Hello! I was wondering if you could help me out.

    I have some of those battery-powered Arlo cameras on the front of my house, and they're just terrible. Always missing events, no 24/7 recording, the clips start recording too late, and then I need to get on a ladder to recharge them. I've also got the Nest doorbell, and while that works pretty well, the price for it's service has gotten a bit steep.

    I was reading about Blue Iris, Zoneminder, Kerberos, etc. What would I need to set up something like that?
    What are some good outdoor IP cameras? I did want at least one with pan/zoom, and the color night vision is preferred.

    submitted by /u/lol-science
    [link] [comments]

    Calex security cameras (indoor and outdoor)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:16 PM PST

    Anyone have experience with them?

    My local supermarket has all the bulbs etc on sale, so was going to pick up some bits. Got a single bulb to try out (£8!) and it seems perfectly fine!

    Was hoping the cameras are half decent, but mostly if the outdoor one was mains powered or not?

    submitted by /u/mr_pablo
    [link] [comments]

    Doorbell camera without the doorbell?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:08 AM PST

    I am looking for a camera that has a similar physical footprint and characteristics to that of a doorbell camera without the doorbell functionality. It needs to provide an rstp stream, have some level of night vision/IR, and preferably is PoE instead of wireless.

    What I am trying to do is build a camera into a custom door frame. I'm not trying to hide existence of the camera so much as I am trying to make the camera blend into the space for aesthetic reasons.

    I have found this, which isn't quite the direction I was hoping for but probably could be made to work. Although I would have to come up with a separate IR illuminator. https://us.hikvision.com/en/products/cameras/network-camera/smart-series/specialty/covert/2-mp-covert-network-camera-ds-3

    Any other suggestions?

    submitted by /u/NauseousRobot
    [link] [comments]

    Outdoor camera for home in the country

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:15 PM PST

    I am wanting to put up a camera facing the driveway so I know when someone is pulling into my house. I want something that notifies my phone when there is activity. Battery powered is fine. I also have wifi. What would you suggest?

    submitted by /u/kcks
    [link] [comments]

    How do I add a second battery to my Vista 20P?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:12 PM PST

    Recently upgraded from a Vista 20SE to a Vista 20P and the panel came with a new 7AH battery and a 16.5VAC 50VA transformer. How do I go about adding a second battery so that I have 2x 7AH batteries? Physically they both fit in the metal box, so I am good there. Is it as simple as exposing some of each red and black wire from the panel battery wires and attaching another female connector? I can snip the battery wires from my vista 20SE and use connect these to the new battery. Is this as easy as it sounds, or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/m0moneym0pr0blems
    [link] [comments]

    Ajax Alam

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:49 AM PST

    Hello everyone, i am looking forward to buy an Ajax system alarm.

    I have a few questions about it, i did quite some intensive internet researchs but i still have some points that needs some help.

    Does anyone have it and could perhaps help me?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/GuyonWoW
    [link] [comments]

    What cameras would be best for my specific situation?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:49 AM PST

    Rdcently egged for my political sign... So I want cameras.

    I have ring currently but only for the alarm system. I was going to buy some ring spotlight cam battery cameras, but thencI realized, it doesnt record AT ALL withoug paying a monthly fee. And you cant record locally.

    I dont want a monthly fee, id rather pay more upfront. Would it be possible to connect arlo cams to the ring app so im still pretty much on one security platform or am I effed and need to habe two platforms now to have free recording? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/WetWillie20
    [link] [comments]

    old style DVR - how to monitor activity remotely?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:41 AM PST

    Remotely as in 100 feet away in the same building, without going thru a network.

    Zmodo H9118 has i/o for video out but it is a BNC connector, whats that for?

    submitted by /u/Biz-Developer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment