• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 8, 2020

    Home security: I asked about digital safes recently. I’ve decided to have one to keep docs and small stuff out of reach of maintenance visitors, etc. which one is better?

    Home security: I asked about digital safes recently. I’ve decided to have one to keep docs and small stuff out of reach of maintenance visitors, etc. which one is better?


    I asked about digital safes recently. I’ve decided to have one to keep docs and small stuff out of reach of maintenance visitors, etc. which one is better?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 12:28 PM PST

    My roommate got a gun pulled on him.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 07:56 PM PST

    Here's the story. He and his girlfriend are my roomies. He got home and the dogs got in a huge fight, loud as hell. Then as he was putting one of the dogs in his new Challenger to take her to the vet there was a guy on a bike outside that asked "wanna talk?" And cocked his gun at my roommate. We called the police and they came by the neighborhood with an SUV and sweeped the area with a chopper. This was at 12am. Then at 3am when my roommate went out for a smoke he saw him riding his bike in the alley right behind our house. He kept riding back and forth. It's an alley in the middle of 2 streets. He has a .45 but he didn't have it on him to shoot the guy after he pulled that shit. What else can we do? This fucking pisses me off so much you don't even know.

    submitted by /u/TheKeyToNofap
    [link] [comments]

    Yоu сan Piсk а Lоck really еаsy and fast !!

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Are Amcrest cameras trustworthy? Do they have dahua/hikvision chips? Do they store info on Chinese servers?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 06:49 PM PST

    I'm looking to change my google nest devices out and start managing my own camera recordings on -premises with a Synology. This brings me to Amcrest cameras, the door bell, and their flood light cameras.

    I like that I can manage them with the NAS but the only thing that worries me about them is where my login info is stored, who else has access to the cameras, and what chips are in the cameras.

    submitted by /u/two_word_reptile
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi Lock deadbolt that is one-sided or capable of functioning one-sided?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 08:57 AM PST

    Does anyone know of a one-sided deadbolt with remote functionality such as wifi or bluetooth? Or perhaps a lock that is two-sided that doesn't need the outer exterior side installed to function properly and lock the door?

    submitted by /u/Glass-Ad8093
    [link] [comments]

    Top % Front Doors for Security Buy in 2020 | Reviews & Buying Guide

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 10:16 AM PST

    Possible to self-monitor existing ADT system (sensors/lock) and add camera

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 07:38 PM PST

    I broke free from my ADT contract only to discover that, without alarm.com access I had no way of managing user codes for door lock. I ended up with another monthly service through AlarmGrid for $30 something each month, only slightly less than what I was paying with ADT and it's an unmonitored service! I keep thinking there has got to be a way out of this, but every time I try to research options I end up even more confused.

    Ideally, I am looking for a way to self-monitor the existing system and manage codes for door and control my door locks, from my phone, for free. In the very near future, I would also like to add a couple cameras.

    I am including pictures of my existing panel, door sensor and key pad lock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.image

    submitted by /u/angie_b3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment