• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 1, 2020

    Home security: I guess this works too.

    Home security: I guess this works too.


    I guess this works too.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Finally got a real camera system, next ones going up tomorrow, ran out of day light.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Never miss an opportunity to fortify the castle!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    Hardwired Video Doorbell System With Dedicated Monitors. No smart devices required.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I am looking for a video doorbell system that is hardwired only (Battery backup is fine but must be able to run without a battery installed if need be). I would like dedicated monitors. Ring software is terrible and requires using tasker to get anything close to what I want in a seamless experience. Needs to support 3 door bells and 2 monitors. It seems like everything requires smart devices now a days or only supports up to 2 door bells. Thought a system like this would be a lot easier to find.

    Requirements

    • 3 door bells

    • 2 dedicated monitors that just work without workarounds

    • hardwired

    • Maintain 2 way audio

    Does any system like this exist? Or is it the age of smart devices and I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do some hacky workarounds? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/heyim_new_here
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to secure a sliding glass door?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    We just bought a new house and it has a sliding glass door to the patio in back. Neither of us have ever had a sliding glass door where we lived before. What would be the best way to secure it?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/disatisfied1
    [link] [comments]

    outdoor security camera

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I have a long driveway and would like to know when someone is at my house. I have power at the entrance to my driveway my wifi just wont reach there. I have no issues with trenching a line. I just want to know what my options are. I had blink cameras set up around my house as well but have found that they just dont work nearly as well as nest cameras.....

    submitted by /u/Old_Appointment_4026
    [link] [comments]

    6 Types of File Cabinet Locks For Storing Better & Secure Docs

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Bought a house with wires ran. What camera should I look at.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:10 AM PDT

    Hey all, I just bought my first home and the previous owner had ran lines from a DVR in 1 room to several outdoor locations. The cameras themselves need to be replaced but the wires are all fine. I'm looking for cameras that are at least 1080p that dont connect to the internet. Of course have good low light vision and are weather resistant. As far as DVR, I just want something with lots of memory. Most of what I see reccomended here are wifi wireless cameras and NVR's. But I already have wires so why not use 'em. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/OneConfusedRobot
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing Between Wyze, Adobe, and Simplisafe?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    Looking for some peace of mind for a house in the bad part of town, and we've been looking into DIY home security systems. What we want are alarms on our doors that will ideally also notify us remotely. Read a lot of old positive reviews of these three vendors, and would love to know where they stand today. Naturally, if there's another vendor that fills the need, I'm all ears.

    submitted by /u/gmoney_mcswaggins
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for outdoor video security and doorbell. Maybe peep hole cameras? Very new to it all

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    We are looking to buy a new home and id like to purchase security for the home. What are my options? Not looking to spend 10k on the system. Something that does the job

    submitted by /u/Cranberi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment