• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 15, 2020

    Home security: Too many remote viewers makes camera feeds turn off for other users.

    Home security: Too many remote viewers makes camera feeds turn off for other users.


    Too many remote viewers makes camera feeds turn off for other users.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    I have an Annke DVR from 2015. I monitor it from home using a PC at house 1. Other users access the live feed with an Android app (house 2). Sometimes when "Phone user1" accesses 4 feeds at a time, it turns off one or two feeds for my PC at home (which is displaying 6).

    How can I increase the bandwidth that the DVR uses/allows?

    Or how can we increase simultaneous viewers? I'm not sure what the name (terms) of problem is, to search for.

    1. Annke DVR has bandwidth saving compression: "【H.265+ Video Compression 】As the most efficient and cutting-edge compression technology, H.265+ considerably improves compression efficiency, without sacrificing video quality." https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GB1IMS4
    2. I'm not sure of the exact model number – can't find the manual – and I'm not at that home.
    3. Both homes have Fiberoptic DSL (with some coax paths).
    4. DVR is connected directly to a CAT5 cable > to coax converter > to other side of home > to Fiberoptic DSL modem (provided by phone company).
    5. I'm not sure what Network settings to look for in the DVR settings.
    6. At Setting > System > Network... I see IP settings etc. And "High Speed Download" is unchecked. Is that the setting I want to check?
    7. Transfer policy is set to "Quality perferred."

      Thank you

    submitted by /u/trader94
    [link] [comments]

    Want to catch landlord stealing from my car

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    I've posted this to r/VideoSurveilance also.

    ------

    Is this a good place to ask for help choosing equipment? Can you help me figure out what to buy to catch him? I'm thinking I may need to combine components to get what I want, which is fine. Thank you!

    I've been looking for a camera/system that will help me with the car, especially.

    Requirements

    • motion detection
    • long-life battery (no AC available)

    Concerns

    • The garage is very low light at night
    • He'll see and steal the camera (and memory card)

    The perfect setup(s)

    • A tiny camera wedged in somewhere with power running in from a battery in the trunk, and video out running to a recorder in the trunk. (I can keep him out of the trunk.)
    • A camera that once activated immediately starts sending images/video to cloud storage.

    Extra:

    • I think he also steals from my apartment so I'd like a camera in there as well but it's less critical.

    My budget is a $300 US. It's a little flexible. I'd rather spend $100 if possible.

    Here's one option I'm looking at:

    https://www.amazon.com/Spy-Camera-Battery-Hidden-covert/dp/B0098PTWQQ/ref=pd_lpo_421_t_2/132-2809503-6954944

    It doesn't do very low light and records locally so I'd have to hide it in the car.

    submitted by /u/OrchestraPitBull
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! Just as a concerned sister, I was wondering what would be the best alarm system for my sister. My brother in law is about to deploy for 6 months and my sister will be left with my niece and 3 nephews and I want to make sure they have the safest system possible because her hand will be full. They have a large dog and I would just like to make sure all measures are taken since our parents and I live far away and would like peace of mind. TYIA!

    submitted by /u/babybutterworth
    [link] [comments]

    Will ReoLink work for my long list of requirements

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    I have been using Axis M10x series indoor cameras for almost 10 years, I'd like to get one outdoor camera with specific requirements, I've been looking at ReoLink but am unsure of the overall quality. Some reviewers have given high marks while others say video output is poor and camera breakdown occurs shortly after purchase.

    REQUIREMENTS-

    Use my own cloud which is already setup to receive images from my Axis camera.

    2 way audio

    Start stop motion detection recording

    Wifi, if connection drops, automatically reconnect

    Use either ac power or a solar panel to charge battery

    Would be willing to use SD card if I can utilize one that is more than 64g

    Email or text notification

    Time date stamp on video

    Camera would be mounted under the eves but would need to withstand up to 120 degree heat

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/iliketoredit
    [link] [comments]

    Question about cameras

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    Hey all, we bought our first home and am looking at home security options. We went through alarm.com and have been getting quotes. So far KMT Systems has been our favorite but their cameras are a brand I am just not familiar with. The quote I got said the exterior cameras would be DAHUA 2MP Dome cameras. I was hoping to get four cameras (one for each side of the house) in addition to a doorbell camera (likely Ring vs Netatmo and used with my Apple HomeKit).

    My question is: This is a company (Dahua) that I know nothing about, and I am wondering if it is worth it to get these cameras through KMT or to purchase my own exterior cameras (again, something like Ring) and self monitor this portion of my home security?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/FranklinandLouie
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with ONIT Smart Home / ONIT Home Service?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    I am in the process of buying a home, and was called by a representative of ONIT Smart Home who gave me a pitch for their home security system. I normally wouldn't accept an offer like that over the phone without doing research, but he caught me as I was waking up so I ended up going with it. I still have some time to cancel because I haven't closed on the house yet, so I'm trying to find out if it is a good deal, or if I should cancel. This is the offer email I received after the call:

    Equipment

    19.99 Fixed Monthly Monitoring

    21.49 Minimum Equipment Payment

    *** With Our Program, we offer the ability to reduce your rate over time. You will only be responsible for 41.48 (19.99 Fixed Monthly Monitoring and 21.49 Minimum Equipment Payment) until the overall equipment cost has been met. With the equipment ordered the total is 2149.00, and once that cost has been met the only responsibility is 19.99 Fixed Monthly Monitoring with NO long term contract!! **\*
    Fixed Monthly Monitoring

    Full Equipment Warranty

    FreeMove after the 1st Year of Service
    NO Up Front installation Cost

    NO Up Front Activation Cost

    ONIT Smart Home is the #1 Authorized Nationwide Master Dealer & Installer for Brinks Home Security.

    If anyone has any experience with the company or if this just seems like a bad deal in general, please let me know. From the research I've done so far it doesn't seem like there is much information online regarding this company other than their own website.

    submitted by /u/RHCElite
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless security system recommendations?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a security system. I'm looking for something that I can access from my phone whenever, but I don't want to have to pay. I'm pretty tech illiterate and we are doing Reno's on our house in the coming months so I don't want to be worried about wires.

    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/belugasareneat
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi camera USB power

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    Wonder if anyone can help me with this, I've bought 2 WiFi cameras for the house which I want to install front and back. They require a USB power source. I dont want to run 240v to a USB socket down the wall, can I make my own 20m-ish USB cable?

    I've seen people respond to a similar question that you need a signal booster in the run but I assume this is only if you wish to transmit data down the run?, I'm only using it for power.

    submitted by /u/Ferrisuk
    [link] [comments]

    Recording audio separately with 3.5mm jack mics

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Hello dear people of the internet,

    I'm planning to set up a surveillance system by installing zoneminder on my homeserver and connect three up cameras I have.

    Since only one of those cams has a mic built in it, I'd like to extend the spectrum of the heard by connecting simple 3.5mm mics to the server. From there on I don't know how to think of it. Surely there's some Linux audio recording app, but is there one for specially surveillance? It would be really awesome to have good audio quality recorded when some prick is trying to invade you in some contracts and claims you had accepted it.

    Many thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/out-of-the-ordinary
    [link] [comments]

    Help with camera setup

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    So, I've watched this video and I want to setup my own security camera system using the same 4k Annke POE cameras and using Blue Iris as my Monitoring software.

    I just have a question about cable routing. For the locations that are farther from the server (Eg. To a detected garage or a shed), would I be able to run just one Cat6 cable to a switch and then have it branch off to 4 different cameras or would I need to run a separate cable to each camera?

    Here is an example. Would there be any downsides to using the switch method? Not sure if one cable would have have trouble with all that bandwidth coming from 4 4k streams.

    submitted by /u/campfirecrucifix
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment