• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 15, 2020

    Home security: What happens if the police respond to a security system alarm and the gate is closed and padlocked?

    Home security: What happens if the police respond to a security system alarm and the gate is closed and padlocked?


    What happens if the police respond to a security system alarm and the gate is closed and padlocked?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    I have a gate that I manually close and lock with a padlock when away on vacation, but also there are woods leading up to the back yard. Conceivably, someone could walk onto the property through the back woods or even jump the gate and make mischief, triggering my security system. If the police arrive to a locked gate, do they just leave? Do they break the gate? Cut the chain? Jump the fence? It is a farm style fence and gate so easily jump-able (about 4' high). I realize there are many factors such as if they see someone climbing out a window or something, but is there common police protocol for this type of thing?

    submitted by /u/bootsnooper
    [link] [comments]

    ⚠️⚠️ Looking for the Reolink trial campaign winner with wrong email address

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Hello,

    This is Frazer from Reolink. We released new PoE camera with Perosn/Vehicle Detection, and recruited product testers. We announced the #ReolinkTrial campaign winners several days ago in official Reolink subreddit: /r/reolinkcam

    We sent email to these winners to confirm. But we found a email address was invalid... Could not connect this winner...

    I really hope to find this guy.

    I have some clues (hope you don't mind posting several information about you.):

    Your email address is: info***@flexi***.com;

    You used swann, Lorex, and other brands' cameras;

    You are an IT professional with 40 years of extensive testing experience;

    You have done consulting, testing and debugging for Apple, Microsoft, Intuit and others.

    If you see this post, please send me message. Thanks!

    (I think this man may like subreddits related with home defense, so I create a post like this. If I violate any rules of this subreddit, I will delete it. Thanks!)

    submitted by /u/ReolinkFrazer
    [link] [comments]

    ADT PowerMaster10 Installer Code?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I got an ADT PowerMaster 10 system in 2018. I'd like to add another device to the system. Does anyone know what the installer code for this system is?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Snoo_79615
    [link] [comments]

    WiFi camera no computer

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Is there a wifi home security camera with remote access that can be set up without a computer? I have internet and my cell phone.

    submitted by /u/croadmap
    [link] [comments]

    [X-Post] cheapest NVR for one (possibly 2) 3MP RTSP cameras?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    High Resolution Camera for legible text

    Posted: 15 Oct 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    Hi, I run an ecommerce shop here in the Philippines and theft from the courier is pretty common. To make things worse, one ecommerce platform, (Shopee) makes it hard for us to file for claims against the courier because they require not only the picture of the actual item, but also the a picture of the whole packaging showing the airwaybill attached. And if you're getting 50-100 orders daily, it's a lot of work to take a picture of every item.

    So I was thinking of getting a 4k Camera connected to a PC w/ BlueIris. The camera will be pointing directly on the table so it will be able to record everything. I am not sure if the text on the printed airwaybill will be legible enough. It's fine for us to mount the camera near or directly on the table.

    Since it's my first time dealing with cameras except the Arlo Pro 2 that I use at home personally, I would like to get your expert opinion if this is possible, or if there's a more budget friendly alternative than doing BlueIris+PC.

    submitted by /u/koji_Cz
    [link] [comments]

    Replacement for ADT

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    So I just purchased my first home 2 months ago, noticed that they were set up with a hardwired ADT system. One camera is out front and the other is out back.

    I really don't want to pay ADT $60 a month for monitoring, but is there a way to use the existing wires to put my own cameras and a new alarm panel (looks like it might be a few years old). If not I'd probably scrap it and get ring cameras.

    Side note- the ADT panel is a Honeywell... don't know if that helps.

    submitted by /u/DHensfield
    [link] [comments]

    Question about cameras....

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Hey all, we bought our first home and am looking at home security options. We went through alarm.com and have been getting quotes. So far KMT Systems has been our favorite but their cameras are a brand I am just not familiar with. The quote I got said the exterior cameras would be DAHUA 2MP Dome cameras. I was hoping to get four cameras (one for each side of the house) in addition to a doorbell camera (likely Ring vs Netatmo and used with my Apple HomeKit).

    My question is: This is a company (Dahua) that I know nothing about, and I am wondering if it is worth it to get these cameras through KMT or to purchase my own exterior cameras (again, something like Ring) and self monitor this portion of my home security?

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/FranklinandLouie
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with ONIT Smart Home / ONIT Home Service?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 06:02 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment