• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    Home security: So desperate at this point, looking for help/advice

    Home security: So desperate at this point, looking for help/advice


    So desperate at this point, looking for help/advice

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Alright this situation is weird, hear me out, I think I've reached my breaking point.

    I live on the first floor of an apartment building, and this unit has a little green space attached to it. The green space is about 6 meters squared. Every night, every single night someone is throwing their leftover food/garbage onto my lawn. Its vile, like we're talking noodles, meat, curries. It fucking splashes everywhere, all over the snow, all over the tree and the windows. I currently have 3 cameras that I keep repositioning and I can NOT ever seem to catch the person. It's like raining straight out of the sky. I've positioned the cameras on all my neighbour's balconies but it always seems to come from somewhere off camera. It's always just my lawn, never my neighbour's lawn, so this person is accurate..... I was assuming it was one of my upstairs neighbours so I positioned a camera to look at all their balconies, then bam that night it came from the air but from a different side of the building. So I repositioned last night and bam this one just came straight from above (the video attached (around x:31). I don't know what to do. I want this person to just not exist anymore.... I've also never pissed anyone off so there's no reason I should be targeted... does anyone have any idea on how I should proceed.

    I've called the police about this and surprise surprise they say they can't help. And even if I catch the guy the worst punishment he's gonna get is a small fine.

    Edit: just to add in, the building is run by a volunteer board, the president is my friend and I'm not gonna be demanding to her to clean this up, she does enough for the building for free as is.

    https://reddit.com/link/jgq8cg/video/td6w7i0wdvu51/player

    submitted by /u/balzor
    [link] [comments]

    What should I try next? (Video included)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Hello and thank you in advance for accepting me, a visitor, to your sub. I'm seeking advice to deal with regular prowlers. Here's a clip from last night, for example.

    Steps I've taken so far:

    1) Secured the shit out of everything. Dude can't get into the house or garage without making noise. As you can see he tried both.

    2) I have a scary looking mfing pitbull and "beware of dog" signs posted. She's a sound sleeper, though, and even if she did wake up she'd prob just want to snuggle.

    3) My outdoor lighting is on point.

    4) Cameras, obviously.

    I want to find a motion sensor alarm that will make noise outside to scare them off but, since I live in a city and have neighbors, I need to be able to set the sensitivity pretty carefully so it doesn't go off all night erroneously, and it'd be great if I could adjust the volume. Would also be great if it had night mode so it wasn't running during the day. I'm tempted to have an alarm go off in our bedroom so I can come down and scare them off myself but that's prob not the smartest/safest option for anyone.

    I'm shocked that there aren't more products on the market for something like this. Any product suggestions, or thoughts about securing the property in other ways?

    submitted by /u/saulgold
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with 2 analog HikVision Cameras connected to a recorder

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 06:59 AM PDT

    I bought a power supply splitter and strong enough power supply for all 4 cameras, but when I attach two cameras at the same power supply, one of them starts flickering when night vision turns on. It's always the same camera that flickers.

    When I connect them on 2 separate power supplies, they work ok. What could be the cause of that?

    2nd question I have, if anyone have a slightest clue - motion detection & hik-vision mobile app.
    When I look at the DVR, notifications are triggered properly, every camera send a correct notification when something walks in the frame, BUT, on my phone I get totally random notifications, sometime it's camera 1, but it should be camera 2, sometimes it's vice versa and most often, I get two notifications, second apart. Is this a common issue maybe?

    Note that cameras are on opposite ends of house.
    Cameras are connected with RG59+2x0.5m cable, both are approximately 15 meters away from the recorder. Maybe 20m.

    submitted by /u/mefistofelosrdt
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Need to find a security camera

    Posted: 23 Oct 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    I need to find a security camera which I can set up in my yard.

    The specifications I NEED:

    Wireless - though i'm gonna set it up in my yard

    No Wifi - have no wifi there

    Weatherproff

    Battery life over 3 days

    Dosn't need to be live just record what happens and I can watch later so recording camera with long battery time also works

    Appreciate answeres a lot! Will upvote all your comments :)

    submitted by /u/Chef_Business
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment