• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Home security: No manners...

    Home security: No manners...


    No manners...

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    No manners...

    Hi guys!

    I live in the mountain and every Sunday morning the public parking in front of my home is packed with hikers. Sometimes, some of them, they either sit or lean on the wall pictured below. Now, I don't mind if a person or two do so now and then, but this morning I saw what I think were about eight people there sitting above it and all.

    I guess what I'm looking for are any suggestions to deter people from doing this. Thank you guys in advance!!

    https://preview.redd.it/9icfcznp5hv51.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=bf76a4b90a62341c627b7825a420300060ff8dd9

    submitted by /u/alexPelida
    [link] [comments]

    Best option for motion lights, doorbell, and cameras?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    Looking to add a layer or two of alerting and deterrence to a new house.

    1. I'd like to know when somebody comes to the front door. Maybe the driveway too. Nobody uses the doorbell and even if they do you can't necessarily hear it from the backyard or basement. Packages sit on the porch all day or people stop by and we have no idea about any of it even though we've been home the entire day.
    2. Our yard is dark. The back porch has a switched patio light that we leave on but it isn't much. I could replace it with a much brighter motion flood light but that part of the house is only single story so at 7-8ft off the ground it would be trivial for somebody to tamper with. Eventually I will be able to wire up additional lights on the 2nd story but due to remodeling and obstructions that is temporarily impractical. For now I'm stuck with wiring things on the 1st story or using non-wired devices on the 2nd story.
    3. I don't want to connect any security or IOT devices to the internet unless it's in a very restricted and controlled way. Things like proprietary subscription cloud video storage, invasive apps, and remote facial recognition are not appealing. Done locally or "manually" (such as automated transfer of video events to off-site NAS) is great but while hiding a second router and NUC or security "appliance" is easy hiding a more powerful workstation is not. Where absolutely required, I'd rather have a US company or government spy on me than foreign powers.

    I'm SOOO confused what to do. Smart doorbells seemed like a great start except for #3 above. Then I was thinking why bother with a doorbell when a camera system with motion alerts would be just as good and could also cover the rest of the exterior. Of course it seems like most or all consumer security camera setups also run hard into issue #3. A local system (UniFi?) might work but because running wires to the 2nd story is temporarily impractical I'd either have to mount them on the accessible 1st story or use non-wired devices... which seemingly leads back to #3 for most wifi cameras that I've looked at so far. This also wouldn't solve the darkness issue. I guess I could try some of those solar powered motion lights but I just can't imagine them being any good or lasting a long time given their low price.

    I do have a local Philips Hue setup so maybe I can just get some of their battery powered outdoor motion sensors and do... something... with that? I have the capability to program my own "smart home" program or app so that is potentially a huge advantage. Still, by itself Hue wouldn't give me cameras or non-wired light placement options so it's not a complete solution.

    Thus is my dilemma. Lots of options but nothing quite fits together and I haven't been able to form a complete picture or plan for how I should proceed. Anyone have thoughts, suggestions, or recommendations?

    submitted by /u/-Brock-Samson-
    [link] [comments]

    Is possible to turn off in one click the "Ajax alarm started kit system" for health purposes (to avoid EMF while sleeping)?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    I want to avoid wifi and 3G while sleeping but keep the house activated the alarm when the house is empty. I found Ajax alarm very innovate but I want to avoid EMF while sleeping.

    submitted by /u/spacecat002
    [link] [comments]

    Buying my first PoE Camera (Annke C800 4k)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    I don't have PoE at home, is it possible to just power the camera with an adapter? I know I can use a PoE injector but I don't have the budget at the moment and I am wondering if I can get away with powering it without purchasing the injector.

    If powering it aside from PoE is not possible, what good budget PoE injector can you recommend?

    Thanks a lot for all the response.

    submitted by /u/koji_Cz
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking standalone / diy / custom laser / infrared beam defense system that will notify me (pref via push notification) when the beam is broken?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Hi, sorry I'm a novice to this category but I'm looking to surround a small outdoor area with 1 or 2 security beams from 2 or 4 sensor/receivers, then route the if-broken signal via 4g and/or wifi to a relay/receiver that will send a notification...I do not have a pre-existing system. There seem to be many sensors that seem suitable, but what is an example of some relay/receiver that could accomplish this?

    The objective is to detect a human breaking the line but not dogs, so I was going to mount them like 4ft high.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/da_muffinman
    [link] [comments]

    How do you mount EVL-4 Envisalink inside alarm cabinet?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    Ok need your suggestions - what's the best way to mount the EVL-4 Envisalink board inside an alarm cabinet?

    submitted by /u/Eboettn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment