• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 13, 2020

    Home security: Looking for the best full automation package for security. Need recommendations!

    Home security: Looking for the best full automation package for security. Need recommendations!


    Looking for the best full automation package for security. Need recommendations!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    New home being built, should be finished in a month. I'm looking at the whole package for security. The system, doorbell camera, sensors, and all. Definitely looking into the Nest thermostat and want a smart door lock as well. Which DIY company would be the best for what I'm looking for? SimpliSafe & Nest are the only two I've really researched.

    submitted by /u/KennyLegend007
    [link] [comments]

    are there any security monitoring companies that allow to use own equipment?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    I'm building Hikvision video system and considering just adding their security products, but cant find any company that allows to use own equipment.

    ps i live in Illinois

    submitted by /u/nightmareuki
    [link] [comments]

    Locally managed security system on my HTPC

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    I use 8-10 Foscam cameras that I set up on my local network with static IPs and monitor using an app.

    Quick question, is there a Windows software, open source or otherwise, that I can configure to record the streams from those cameras, whether continuously or on motion detected?

    submitted by /u/man_of_fishers
    [link] [comments]

    Interlogix Security System Beeping at Specific Times of Day -- 8am, 6pm, 8pm, 9pm

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    My wife and I recently purchased a new build home that came with a built-in alarm system. It's not currently active with a security company, but we do intend to eventually contract one in the future.

    Since we've moved in this alarm system has been annoying us. It begins beeping about once every minute at consistent times of day - 8am, 6pm, 8pm, and 9pm. I can stop the beeping by going over to the main panel by the front door and pressing the '*/status' button.

    After doing a bit of research I was able to identify that our system is built by Interlogix. I believe it's the 'Concord Express' system. I've played around with the menu on the keypad but can't find any sort of setting that explains the consistent beeping on a schedule.

    Does anyone have experience with how to turn this feature off?

    submitted by /u/VTHockey11
    [link] [comments]

    Why is reliable RTSP and wif so expensive if not elusive ?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    A bit of a rant. But Im frustrated. For 30-40 euro I can buy IP camera's with outstanding (1080p) image quality day and night, and rock solid Wifi connectivity. I know, I have one, its a chinese tuya/smarthome device. It has a remarkably good camera, but of course, no RTSP support, only access via tuya app and cloud.

    So I spent a little more and got a Wansview bullet camera (W6 I think?). It has decent but not great daytime image quality (looks like 720p upscaled to me), good night vision and supports RTSP. But its unreliable as hell. i tried everything. Every possible setting. Every app, Sighthound, ispy, blueiris, VLC, ... it works great for a few hours or even a day, then for whatever reason the RTSP disconnects every 20 seconds for the rest of the day or even refuses to reconnect at all. Its not a wifi connection issue, it does the same on ethernet. And when refusing to connect on RTSP, it still works well with the (otherwise disasterous) wansview app which seems to use a different stream.

    So I spent a little more again and got a 3MP Dahua bullet cam. Image quality is good during day, so so at night. RTSP is stable (yeay!). Wifi range is atrocious. The camera hangs on a shed, about 6-7 meter clear line of sight with just a window, from the closest mesh AP and barely manages to connect. I had to put a mesh AP inside the shed. At the same time, the 30 euro tuya cam is inside the shed and has perfect wifi reception to every mesh AP in my house.

    So I spent a little more, well, quite a lot more, and ordered a HIKvision bullet cam. Havent received it yet,but at this point, Im basically in the same price range as many smartphones. So I tried that, had an old Xiaomi Mi5 phone laying around. Installed IP camera on it. Perfect wifi reception. 4G backup as bonus (and mic + speaker if you want that). Rock solid RTSP feed. Better day time image quality than any consumer level security camera Ive seen. 4K video, 16MP stills. Ok, no IR cut filter, but motion triggered flood lights make that not so bad. And it makes you wonder. Why is it so frigging hard to make an affordable RTSP camera that doesnt suck ?

    /end rant

    submitted by /u/Vertigo722
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment