• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 13, 2020

    Home security: We've got a neighborhood creeper...

    Home security: We've got a neighborhood creeper...


    We've got a neighborhood creeper...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    I live in a small (1500-2000 person) town.

    Every day my kids get on and off the bus at the same time. My daughters are unique because they get dropped directly at our house because they are special needs, and ride the special needs bus. Most kids in town get dropped off at a couple bus stops and then have to walk home.

    Every day, this old guy (Early 70s, maybe?) drives around in a ragged out Chrysler Concorde, at the same time all the kids are getting on and off the bus. I've seen him drive past my house 4 or 5 times within 15 minutes while I'm sitting on the porch waiting on the bus (special needs bus can get delayed a while because of kids in wheel chairs taking longer). He just seems to loop around town.

    Last week I finally decided to follow him because I wanted to know where he lived so I could compare it against the sex offender registry. I followed him for close to half an hour, making sure to stay a few cars back, take a different side street but come out on the same main road, etc. This guy spent half an hour driving back behind buildings like gas stations and dollar stores, going down alleys between blocks, just aimlessly driving around, but kind of off the regularly beaten path.

    I work from home. I often take breaks and sit out on the porch. I only see this guy around the same time that the busses are running, but always in the afternoon, and its every single day.

    So....I don't know what else to think besides it kind of looks like this guy is looking for a kid to snatch. Why else would you be driving down back alleys and behind commercial buildings and stuff at the same time kids are walking home from bus stops?

    I called the Sheriff's office and made a report, but the deputy I spoke to really didn't seem to give a shit at all.

    Is there anything else I can or should do? I'd be absolutely heart broken if this guy finally follows through on what it is he seems to be doing.

    If it was like "I just like watching the kids because it makes me happy" type of situation, then why isn't he just parking on main street where tons of kids walk home from the bus stops? Or at the park? Instead he's creeping around back alleys and other places there aren't a lot of people.

    submitted by /u/MediocreFisherman
    [link] [comments]

    Single Security Camera recommendation for outside/night use

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    My apartment neighbors have been bringing over guests who have vandalized the parking lot twice and after confronting them both times, and speaking with the landlord, I have a fear that they will try to (or "accidentally") damage my vehicles if they return again.

    I'm looking for a single outdoor camera that is capable of clear picture at night (enough to show police and make a case if they do something). As for physical/cloud storage, I'm fine with either, and I'm hoping to keep it under $200. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/-Frenzy
    [link] [comments]

    Help choosing an appropriate window sensor for these deep windows.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Please help! Will the Retrofit work with my system? I know nothing about wiring, should I hire a professional?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Yale home alarm system pairing problem

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Hi all, Ive purchased a yale home alarm system (Yale EF-SKIT, Easy fit alarm starter kit) which included 1 alarm unit, 1 door sensor, 1 PIR sensor and 1 key fob. All is working well and I have added one extra PIR sensor, However.. I have purchased an EF-KP alarm keypad to install (instead of buying multiple key fobs for family) And I cannot understand how to pair the keypad to the unit. I have tried following what little instructions came with the keypad & the original unit and cant seem to make them pair. Any ideas how to connect these two units together would be greatly appreciated guys.

    submitted by /u/Mellowbelly55
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for decent 24/7 WiFi Camera

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Hi

    Can anybody recommend me a good camera that I can access with a mobile app, records 24/7 and has WiFi ? I was thinking about this one, what you guys think ?

    I already bought pretty much every chinese camera that Amazon UK is selling but it's all trash.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/dmgr14
    [link] [comments]

    New strike plates? (Door security)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Does anyone have a strike plate like this?

    How well do they work? I am thinking of installing one with 3 inch screws. And also getting one of these. Will this combination help? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kat10111
    [link] [comments]

    Home pre-wired for security system - can I just add a control panel and be set?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    As the title says, when we built our house it was pre-wired for a security system, with contact sensors on all first floor windows and the front door. All of the wires terminate behind a panel in the laundry room. I don't necessarily want to pay for a monitored system. Can I just buy a control panel and wire it up myself so that I can get alerts if any of sensors are triggered? There is an additional door that doesn't have a sensor that I would want to add a wireless sensor to, so I would need a control panel capable of adding that. Can anyone give recommendations or tips, or is this something I really need to have a company take care of?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Builder_Bob23
    [link] [comments]

    Looking For A Residential Security System

    Posted: 12 Oct 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    Our Neighborhood Has had a spike in crime rates and we were looking into a security system for our house, originally bought a cheap system with keypad and 2 door sensors and 1 motion sensor, the dang thing sucked through batteries like so fast I gave up on it and the range was really bad for the sensors.

    I saw this system by DSC Called the power series neo and it seemed to be really great since it included wired and wireless sensors and keypads, It was looking really good until the price tag came out to 700 CAD which was too much for our budget.

    I thought there had to be something better, I am looking for some help. I am looking for a system that is expandable with a minimum of 8 zones, wireless is fine for sensors but the keypad can be wired or wireless, I am looking for something reliable and good range for the wireless. And i need a system with the option for no monthly fees, Overall I am looking for what the DSC system had but at a lower price.

    Thanks for reading and I hope somebody can give me a hand with this.

    submitted by /u/BryTechYT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment