• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Home security: Follow up to my post the other day about my 4k Lorex nvr security system having motion blur and motion trails at night. I'm sure this will help others.

    Home security: Follow up to my post the other day about my 4k Lorex nvr security system having motion blur and motion trails at night. I'm sure this will help others.


    Follow up to my post the other day about my 4k Lorex nvr security system having motion blur and motion trails at night. I'm sure this will help others.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    *Original Post https://www.reddit.com/r/homedefense/comments/jkdciv/why_does_my_lorex_4k_camera_system_have_motion/ *

    After a Redditer said to login to the camera and doing some research I found out I could login directly to my cameras via their IP address which I never heard about before. Once I did that there were so many settings (more advanced but useful) that were not on my nvr app or nvr that I was able to change. My shutter speed on all the cameras were set in the range 1-10. There was an option to enter my custom speed ranges for schedule, time of day etc.. I just switched it to auto and now my nighttime view looks just as I excepted and can clearly see moving cars and people without the blur/trail at night. Thought for sure I was going to return these as nighttime recording is what you need the most. I have no clue why nothing in the manuals explains how to connect to the cameras on their own or even that you can ..

    submitted by /u/Freddie1275
    [link] [comments]

    Need two 4k outdoor cameras for an apartment. Ideas?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    I'd like to get a two camera setup to cover the front door and garage of my apartment. I have available power outside to mount the cameras, but given that it is a rental, I can't really run Ethernet lines inside to a DVR (well, I could but it would probably get messy). The only package I can find that comes close to this is the Arlo Ultra 4K, but those are battery powered and comes in a pack of four which is unnecessary for me. Ease of setup and use is important though if there is an ideal solution with a bit of a learning curve I'll go with that.

    Something happened today which has my wife very scared so ready availability is also important.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    submitted by /u/HappySausageDog
    [link] [comments]

    Analyzing security footage

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    I need to watch a week of footage from 2 cameras to find out what happened to some equipment stolen from beside my house. I know i have the footage but since the equipment wasn't under camera I have to watch the footage from the access points nonstop.

    Is there a software out there that can extract or mark movement from this footage to keep me from having to stare at a screen for a week straight? There is generally only movement on these cameras about 3 times a day so if i could watch movements only it would significantly help.

    submitted by /u/WonderfulArmadillo
    [link] [comments]

    Nest Cam Outdoors vs Wyze Cam V3

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I currently use Nest, but because of the much lower upfront price, 24/7 recording, much lower monthly subscription price and many of the same features I wanted to see if switching to the new Wyze Cam V3 would be wise or not.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment