• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    Home security: Best Solution for a Single Room?

    Home security: Best Solution for a Single Room?


    Best Solution for a Single Room?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    We just moved into a rental that has a detached Casita that I will be using for an office. The rest of the house is secure and we'll be in it 24/7 but the Casita has a sliding glass door and I was wondering what my options are for a solution that would allow me to easily use the office on a daily basis but would provide protection in the middle of the night.

    I'm thinking a camera or a motion detector? Open to anything.

    I'd like to avoid paying a monthly fee and it would be nice if it worked with my Google assistants.

    submitted by /u/livejamie
    [link] [comments]

    First Time owner.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Someone leaving dog treats on my driveway

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Hey, I've never visited this sub, nor have I ever had an issue like this before, so I hope this is in the right place.

    Over the past few days my family has found a handful of broken-up dog treats on our driveway. Our driveway is around 20m long, and we've found the first lot halfway up it, and the second lot near the road-end of it. They're pretty standard dog treats, a brand that we give to our dog on regular occasion. We've found the treats over a series of a few days, but I think they were all put there at the same time, as the treats which were picked up later show signs of decomposition.

    I don't really know what the deal is, but it seems unlikely that two broken-up dog treats have coincidently landed on our driveway like that.

    I'd deeply appreciate advice anyone has to offer, and I'd particularly appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction in regards to setting up a camera or something similar. I live in Australia, if that's significant.

    Thanks in advance, sorry if I sound paranoid.

    submitted by /u/SlaveMasterBen
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any modern NVR device/Software that doesn't need outdated browsers to run?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Hi, I have a truvision NVR 22 and it only runs in Internet Explorer or similar.

    Is there any NVR that has a more modern interface that also runs in modern browsers? And also supports (modern) mobile apps? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/itspuia
    [link] [comments]

    Lorex System Terrible. How to upgrade???

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Bought a 2K Lorex POE system with 2 TB NVR about a year ago. Cameras are complete garbage at night, NVR system is hard to use, app only works about 50% of the time. I'd really like to progressively upgrade things over time to a more functional, higher quality system overall that continues to be upgradeable as time goes on. Possibly something modular. Where would be the best place to begin? I've read Lorex cameras aren't always cross compatible.

    submitted by /u/Bryan835
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Camera/NVR recommendations

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    I am looking for an IP Cam + NVR solution (1-2 cameras) for relatives of mine. Currently they have a single Hikvision DS-2CD2055FWD-I which records to the internal SD card when motion is detected.

    Our main pain points with this setup are:

    • Unreliable motion detection: I played around with the settings but never found a configuration that worked reliably - too many false positives, no detection at all or the recording started too late.
    • Mediocre night vision quality. (I am aware that a separate IR illuminator helps there, but it would be better if none was needed)
    • Horrible usability: iVMS-4200 is slow and cumbersome to use. The webinterface requires Internet Explorer with a plugin to get all features.

    I am looking now for something better for them. Key requirements:

    • PoE cameras, local recording, no cloud subscription
    • Reliable motion detection
    • Good night vision performance
    • (important) Easy to use webinterface (configuration, live view, recordings) that works in any modern browser without plugins.
    • (optional) Remote access via app without port forwarding (cloud relay is ok)
    • If separate NVR box: should be compact device, not a 19" rackmount unit. RAID is not needed, single HDD is fine.

    Right now I am looking at Unifi Protect (Cloud Key G2 Plus and a G4 PRO). Even though this might a bit more expensive and comes with vendor lock-in, it seems to provide everything we need. However, if I look online, most people recommend Hikvision or Dahua cameras instead for better price/performance. If the setup were for myself, I would agree and setup a BlueIris box as NVR, but in this case I do not want to be responsible for ongoing Windows system maintenance. Thus I would prefer an out-of-the-box solution with firmware updates from the vendor.

    What are your recommendations? Unifi Protect or is there something better for this usecase out there? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fruel
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua Security Camera - 5541 or 4631

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I want to get a couple of security cameras for home use and integrate them via Blue Iris. Dahua is readily available in my location, so I've been looking at their models. Just wondering what people think of the two models below? Would you pick one over the other and why?

    IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV

    https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/All-Products/Network-Cameras/WizMind-Series/5-Series/Active-Deterrence/IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV

    IPC-HDW4631EM-ASE

    https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/All-Products/Network-Cameras/Pro-Series/6-MP/IPC-HDW4631EM-ASE

    submitted by /u/warnox
    [link] [comments]

    Where to get a Security Camera without IR source.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    So, my outdoor cameras generate non stop false alarms at night time, because the integrated IR source will light up insects, raindrops, and trigger the camera.

    I tried de-soldering the IR leds, but that left me with a cam that no longer records in colour?

    What I want is:

    EITHER a cam where the IR source is over one meter away from lens.

    OR a cam that has no IR source built in, as I can supply my own external one.

    But nowhere can I find such a cam?

    submitted by /u/mazarax
    [link] [comments]

    Best complete diy solution?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    Best all-in-one diy solution?

    I'm so frustrated trying to find a diy system that does it all well. I'm really interested in DIY systems, but none of them from what I research seem to be great at everything. I currently started off trying to go cheap by getting these Wyze cams and Wyze sense sensors. I've had tons of headaches with them though being unreliable. Constantly disconnecting requiring resets. I guess you really do get what you pay for sometimes! Are there any systems that really do it all really well? I hate the idea of having some gadgets from Ring, some from Simplisafe, some from Nest, etc etc. That gets to be way too cumbersome and hard to keep track of. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Lanky-Performer8849
    [link] [comments]

    New Lorex System issues

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I purchased a new Lorex 4K 6-camera system (TD861818D6-F) from Costco the other day to replace my old Lorex system. I hooked everything up, set everything up, and it was working great.. until the second night (tonight). Tonight, as soon as it was dark enough for the cameras to go to night vision, 2 of the cameras disconnected. They would reconnect whenever I went outside and activated the motion flood light I have outside. Also, right now, the other 2 cameras have a small "battery low" symbol in the bottom right hand side. It confuses me because the cameras don't have a battery, they are wired with the BNC/12VDC cables. Has anyone seen this? I can't call their tech support until Monday.

    Also, I thought I would mention, I didn't run the new cables that came with the system, I just used the old cables from my old Lorex system because they were already ran. Could that have anything to do with it? The cables look the exact same.

    submitted by /u/burton8732
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment