• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    Home security: Amazon Cloud Cam (Key Edition) - Can I use this as a basic security camera or is it designed for the Smart Lock Kit only? Thanks.

    Home security: Amazon Cloud Cam (Key Edition) - Can I use this as a basic security camera or is it designed for the Smart Lock Kit only? Thanks.


    Amazon Cloud Cam (Key Edition) - Can I use this as a basic security camera or is it designed for the Smart Lock Kit only? Thanks.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Training dogs, how? Methods and suggestions?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    Team, I am believing some of you might have guard dogs. How do you train them for people protection?

    submitted by /u/shenkris
    [link] [comments]

    I would like recommendation for a DVR system for home.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    Looking for recommendations for a 8 channel DVR system with decent image quality

    - outdoor use so weatherproof.

    - Motion Detection

    - In-fared for night time

    - wired, no wireless because its a big home and prefer reliability of wired

    - possible heat detection

    - Big HDD although i can upgrade one myself if needed.

    - comes with a phone app.(I have tried to set up one before without a dedicated one and it was hell. would not work)

    I was looking at This swann system. I like the features of it but reviews made me second guess that decision.

    submitted by /u/lotmnt
    [link] [comments]

    Simple Small wired multiple windows alarm wanted

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Thanks for your previous suggestions, I am looking into glass break sensors.

    I have 2 windows that I need to protect. They have screens, so I am going to get thin wire and weave it through the screens, which is what the security screen manufacturers do. This has to be hooked up to something that runs power through the wires, and alarms when wire is cut. Plenty of cheap alarms that trigger when a circuit is completed (like with magnetic door/window sensors) but I'm not sure terms to search for to find this. Don't need to have it monitored or send txt alerts, just need a loud noise.

    Any ideas what to look for? I want to avoid making it myself.

    submitted by /u/sock2014
    [link] [comments]

    App for Shield to view cameras

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    Currently have cameras installed and port forwarded, can view perfectly fine on my phone. Want to view it on my tv with my shield. Cam viewer seems like the correct app.

    On my iPhone I am using flir - I type in my IP and client port. If I replicate the same on cam viewer it isn't working for me. I don't know my model or DVR it isn't on the list and flir doesn't prompt for one. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/AnthDiMatz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a wireless floor door reinforcer that has RFID or non-wifi non-bluetooth functionality? If not is wake-on-wireless-lan an option?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    My understanding is that the door frame whether it be wood or steel is one of the more vulnerable parts of the doorway.

    If there are no windows and the vandal has tried to kick/penetrate the lock, hinges and the door to no avail I imagine before the vandal attempts the wall or roof he attempts to dislodge the entire door frame. Is a floor door reinforcer the ultimate answer?

    Is there a floor door reinforcer with RFID or wireless functionality that is wake-on-wireless-lan and is secure?

    submitted by /u/Sad_Campaign_4048
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment