• Breaking News

    Monday, September 28, 2020

    Home security: What should I do about this window? Feel like someone can easily smash and turn the deadbolt (want to switch to a hand turn and not key)

    Home security: What should I do about this window? Feel like someone can easily smash and turn the deadbolt (want to switch to a hand turn and not key)


    What should I do about this window? Feel like someone can easily smash and turn the deadbolt (want to switch to a hand turn and not key)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Apartment Mailbox- Name being removed

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Long story short I am being harassed by my neighbors. They keep ripping my name label off of my mailbox. I've lived here for 5 years and never had any issues until recently where I have now had to replace my name plate twice in the past week. My neighbors are upset that I had security cameras installed outside my apartment after they defaced my property a month ago- so this nameplate thing is their retaliation.

    I contacted my landlord about the property damage a month ago and they were no help. Basically said "no proof, no case" hence why I got the cameras. Now I have this issue. What suggestions can I do about the mailbox? I would contact my landlord about it but after their last response I highly doubt they would do anything. I was thinking a mini camera on my mailbox? That way if it is ripped off again I have it recorded? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tryingbutfailing2223
    [link] [comments]

    Glass Wrapped Door? Here's what I did.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Help with choose POE PTZ onvif camera

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 10:01 AM PDT

    ADT 30 day window expires tomorrow

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    i didn't listen and signed up with ADT. Tomorrow is day 30 with them. My cameras are unreliable, they haven't finished the install since they didn't have the wall charger in stock 30 days ago. i called to cancel and they say i owe 1500 dollars for early termination. i'm at day 29 today. they say they have to send a tech out to try to fix it first. i don't want to deal with these people anymore. how can i get out of this without paying 1500? it's thru "defender" which is an authorized reseller. are there any tips / tricks to get out of this?

    anyone stumbling around for a monitoring service AVOID ADT. LISTEN TO WHAT OTHERS SAY- you will be no different.

    submitted by /u/dakotawrangler
    [link] [comments]

    Considerations for an apartment.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    I live downtown in a metropolitan area. I live in a multi-story building. I live on a middle level floor - too high to climb to, too low to access from the roof. I also have a balcony, but it faces a courtyard that is unable to be accessed by non-residents, rather than the street. The only two points of access are the balcony, and the front door. Access and entry into the apartment building are only possible with RF key FOBs. The same goes for the elevators - they only go up or down if you scan your card.

    I think as far as living in a metropolitan area, I have the best set up possible. What are some other considerations to take into account?

    submitted by /u/-___ari___-
    [link] [comments]

    ADT vs Ring? Other Options?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    We are remodeling our house and wanted to add more sensors to our ADT package (which we've never really been happy with). However, we have an old system so ADT told us that retrofitting would cost $1.5k for our whole house (2,500sqft, 3 door sensors, 16 window break sensors, 6 fire alarms). Well, we spent $1.5k five years ago (on top of the $60/mo we pay for monitoring) when we moved in so we are not pleased to say the least. We already have ring security cameras in our house so now we are seriously considering switching fully to the ring security system. It looks like it would be about $1k to move to Ring and then $10/mo (I'm assuming on top of the $10/mo we pay for the security cameras). We have large dogs that always set off our ADT alarm, so we basically never use it unless we are on vacation. We are in TX, but not a flood/freeze zone, so no need for that monitoring. We've seen the concerns about Ring sharing info with the police, but we aren't super concerned. Are there any systems we are looking? Any reviews for the Ring system? Would you stick with ADT?

    submitted by /u/AlteredViews
    [link] [comments]

    I have a besder camera that looks like this, but i have problems connecting it to internet (to my router) and also allowing port 80.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/APWqm5j So yeah, im not that expert at ip camera knowledge, so thats why im asking you people that know. So first things first, connecting it directly to my router with an ethernet cable has no connection nor wifi. Second, opening port 80 to allow a connection between the ddns server and the camera doesnt work either. My router isnt the same as the others. I have a huawei router (dk the model atm) in which if i go to port mapping, add port 80 in all boxes then apply (at my computers ip address and at my cameras), still doesnt work! Any help will be appreaciated! Thanks

    submitted by /u/RudelessI
    [link] [comments]

    Camera help

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Hi, I need a recommendation for a high quality (4mp+) camera that I can mount to the wall/ceiling, connect to a power outlet and store all the footage on an sd card. Doesn't even have to be a CCTV camera, just something that can record 24/7 and store it.

    submitted by /u/Ciroimmobilee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment