• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 13, 2020

    Home security: A stranger has the keys to my house

    Home security: A stranger has the keys to my house


    A stranger has the keys to my house

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Hello

    My dad (I live with my parents and siblings) recently sold our car and with it he gave away our house, mailbox, and other various keys away as well. While he was selling our car, my dad also told us that he had the garage open the entire time and so that means the man he sold it to was able to see our 2 other cars (both of which happen to be fancy).

    Here is the thing now, I am extremely paranoid that a stranger has the keys to our home. I cannot stop thinking about it ever since I found out and know for a fact that I will not be able to get an ounce of sleep tonight. My dad refused to call the man and ask for our keys back (god knows why), but it doesn't mater anymore. he could very well have already made a copy of them at this point. I plan on changing the lock to door but I still cannot help but feel extremely paranoid. It doesn't help that we have literally have no way of defending ourselves had he broke in.

    What more could I do? I'm looking for options that are inexpensive because we cannot afford to get a security system in our home. Every single second I feel unsafe and worried sick about my family, especially my younger siblings.

    Thank you for reading

    submitted by /u/throwaway38293298
    [link] [comments]

    Wyze equivalent in Europe?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    What would be a good equivalent of Wyze in Europe, in terms of price and quality?

    My problem is that Wyze is 3.5x more expensive in Europe, making it not worth it ($115 for a $30 Wyze pan? Seriously? https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DGR98VQ/).

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/funcatrun
    [link] [comments]

    Weiser Premis

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Anyone with knowledge of the lock can comment on the ease of picking the lock, and the security of the "smart" feature?

    submitted by /u/LBarouf
    [link] [comments]

    Security camera?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    I am looking for a 4k security camera with night vision and it can connect to my phone and is powered by the wall or a rechargeable battery or both and is also wifi connectivity and be able to speak to it and hear what's going on the other side while that other side also can hear me

    And can rotate remotely or even automatically.

    submitted by /u/bronypony880
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding the proper camera system. Difficult to find one with all my specifications.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I have been looking for years for a proper setup and either due to a lack of finding information or not meeting my expectations spec wise I haven't pulled the trigger so I thought I'd ask some enthusiasts.

    I want 4 to 6 POE security cameras, minimum 5mp and night vision. I will run necessary CAT 6 as I still have a lot from wiring my house. I want them to have two weeks of recorded storage accessible. I would like to access these cameras from my Nvidia Shields streaming device (these use android), computers and google homes throughout my house. I would also like to access cameras from outside my house albeit probably not often. They would also need to be outdoor rated and capable of being in an environment that gets to -20 (rarely but it happens).

    The reason I haven't pulled the trigger on anything as I'm pretty firm about it meeting all these requirements. My apologies if I'm missing other necessary information. But will try to answer quickly.

    submitted by /u/ingen1
    [link] [comments]

    ADT Vista20P chirps siren at night

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I have an ADT Vista 20p with 2 sirens on it. Recently, at night the ADT pulse app has been spamming me every 3 minutes with "security system went offline". Also every like 15 minutes the siren will chirp and it's very very annoying. This almost ONLY happens at night and almost never during the day. Also keypad says busy standby sometimes but I'm not sure because I don't get up in the middle of the night to check. ADT tech just replaced the battery and closed the order which obviously didn't fix anything. Another tech said my system was being overloaded with too much current and needed some sort of power supply. I have three 6150 keypads, 2 sirens, 3 wired glass breaks, a 5800 wireless receiver, and 1 motion sensor. Also about 30 hardwired sensors. I looked at manuals online and it seems that the system is not being overloaded from too many devices. I honestly think the main board was fried from thunderstorm surges. TIA

    PS Is there any way I can get out of my contract? I'm looking at alarm grid or my local security company for monitoring instead of paying like $70/month for crap service

    submitted by /u/zhydoc
    [link] [comments]

    Questions on nest home security vs monitoring service.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    Hey guys so I'm closing on my home next week and I need advice on home security. So I have a fully automated google nest home, blinds, lights thermos, doorbell,locks etc you name it. I've been looking into buying the Google nest home security to add to it but wanted to know the following:

    1. Is the Google nest stuff better than adt and big box companies equipment, it's certainly cheaper I know that.

    2. Is getting a monitoring service for best home security like brinks worth it and has anyone done it, or am I better off just keeping an eye on my phone? Personally for me not paying for a 3rd party would be my go to but the gf wants peace of mind that someone is watching.

    3. Or am I better off just paying for adt's door and window monitoring + censors and keeping it seperate from my fully automated home.

    submitted by /u/jukeboxhero10
    [link] [comments]

    Motion sensor camera picking up motion without anyone there.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    This happened twice so far. There is continuous sound in the building but that is not what triggers the recording. Here is the video.

    https://streamable.com/w9fdwu

    submitted by /u/yyzt0r
    [link] [comments]

    Need new dvr

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Im looking for a new dvr to replace an old one. I already have some cameras in place and I currently have a qsee qt428. But I'm looking for something newer that will easily allow viewing through app and has motion detection while hopefully keeping the same cameras. any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/rubbertoe714
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment