• Breaking News

    Monday, September 14, 2020

    Home security: Searching house for intruder

    Home security: Searching house for intruder


    Searching house for intruder

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Are there any "how to" vids out there by ex cops / millatary? My wife gets paranoid sometimes so I have to do a quick search with a super bright flash light and a bat (no guns at home in my country unfortunately..... or fortunately depending how you look at it!)

    To be more specific, I don't think I'm covering my back when searching the first corner in new rooms etc

    submitted by /u/CharmingM4n
    [link] [comments]

    Best motion detection camera to detect animals?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! For the last couple of months, animal droppings have been appearing at our backyard. This occurs around 2-3 times a week. My mom thinks it's the neighbor's dog because it looks similar to dog feces in her opinion. To put our suspicions to rest we bought a camera off Amazon. It was this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0832SR3S9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KJPxFbZCTGZDD . However, the motion detection only worked on people which frustrated us. Can anyone recommend a good camera that can detect motion from animals and has night vision?

    submitted by /u/jennie0395
    [link] [comments]

    Security System

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Hello,

    So I've been looking for a security system for my house. We have a stalker who also happens to be a neighbor, so I want to make sure I can watch my home when we're away. Like at work or something.

    Thoughts on Blink XT2 system? Do they have live feed viewing (not Recording just viewing)?

    My main concern is live feed viewing.

    submitted by /u/Initial_Remote
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap, simple, discrete motion sensor?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Hi folks.

    I'm looking for a motion sensor that will sound an alarm if anyone walks between the "beam," so to speak.

    The situation: my roommate (petite, attractive young woman) has a locking door that leads to her back porch. When our apartment gets too hot, she would really prefer to leave that door open (screen closed) for more air, but she's nervous to do so. It's extremely unlikely anyone would climb up the three flights in the back to our porch, but possible.

    We're looking for something we could set up on the stairs such that if anyone tried to come up at night we would have some warning.

    Any guidance appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Max_Demian
    [link] [comments]

    Qolsys - Aux Output for Building Access Control

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I'm researching security/fire panels for my small business. We have an access control system with electric locks on all the doors and RFID badge keys. One of things I would like to do with the security system is create a small "integration" of the security system into the access control system.

    I would like the security system to send a signal (aux output) to the access control system letting the access control system that the system is armed or disarmed. That way when the security system is disarmed, the access control system can unlock some of the doors in the building (aka - "Open for business"). And then visa-versa, we the system is armed, all doors lock.

    Can the Qolsys panel (maybe with the use of the IQ 16-F expander) be programmed to provide to drive the Aux Output pending Armed/Disarmed status? The programming of the access control system I can do no problem.

    Or, what if I used a Zwave Relay?

    (On a side note in regards to Alarm.com being the monitoring company)

    I have a Alula system in my house and I absoluetly HATE it. Mainly due to the fact that my hands are tied by AlarmRelay/Watchlight since I am not the "Installer". I have to call them for any sensor additions or changes, or access to Zwave programming. I installed the whole system myself, thinking that I would have full access to the system. Not the case. Will the Qolsys and Alarm.com be the same way? Should of just stuck with the good 'ol GE Concord 4 that I installed 12 years ago!

    submitted by /u/dpslusser
    [link] [comments]

    Best system on Ali Express?

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    Hi all, have done some reading and searching on this subreddit but haven't found anything specific. I was looking at an Arlo system as I like the idea of cloud storage, however these are about $1000 here in New Zealand which is a bit much. There's quite a few NVR options available on Ali Express but the only name I vaguely recognise is Hikvision. Are any of these systems any good?

    Edit: Outdoor use and battery powered

    submitted by /u/reddityesworkno
    [link] [comments]

    Advice/ thoughts & opinions for a B2B startup looking to give solutions to small-medium sized alarm companies

    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    Hello,
    I was wondering if I can get in contact with someone who owns a business selling, installing and setting monitoring contracts for clients. I'm starting a B2B business looking to help security companies get more business. This industry is totally new to me and I have few peers who are capable of helping me build my USP and offer. I was looking to see if anybody could help me out by giving their personal opinions, advice, perhaps help me network. Thanks

    submitted by /u/TyagaDVTA
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment