• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Home security: Need some reenforcement for an apartment door.

    Home security: Need some reenforcement for an apartment door.


    Need some reenforcement for an apartment door.

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    What doors stops can you recommend me? Just something to assist in keeping the door closed at night.

    submitted by /u/Sneakersislife
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good use of my money to use battery powered 4g LTE cameras as a back up for my IP cams?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    My area experiences a good amount of power outages. I have an UPS but it usually doesn't outlast the outages.

    With battery powered LTE cameras, I was thinking i can use those as a backup to my IP cameras quen they go out.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/GarageRich
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good use of my money to use battery powered 4g LTE cameras as a back up for my IP cams?

    Posted: 12 Sep 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    My area experiences a good amount of power outages. I have an UPS but it usually doesn't outlast the outages.

    With battery powered LTE cameras, I was thinking i can use those as a backup to my IP cameras quen they go out.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/GarageRich
    [link] [comments]

    Merkury innovation cameras?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, My parents live about 30 minutes outside of kenosha and the riots a couple weeks ago caused great alarm. They got set up with these merkury innovation cameras they have all over their house now.

    I have a feeling these cameras are shit, and report back to a 3rd party of some sort or monitor/send footage to law enforcement. We are looking for something a little more private that only goes straight to my parents phone and are not as obvious (these are literally sitting on shelves around the house)

    Any suggestions would be grateful, or confirming if my suspicions are true. I suspect I can rig a raspberry pi and cameras to cut out the 3rd party and only go straight to my parents phone, and if this is possible I'd like to know what type of equipment I need and a guide on how to set this up would be helpful.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/bonkey_dongs92
    [link] [comments]

    Security cameras?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    We'll (hopefully) be moving into our first home soon. Among others we want to amost immediately put up cameras. We dont know whats good, whats needed, whats uselsss, etc.

    Previously ive only used single wifi cameras with a usb plug for power. Living in apartments thats all we really could do. Now though we want perimeter cameras. Will wifi cameras work? Or should we get ones with a dvr system? Id like to do it all myself so if installation is too intense im not sure thatll work.

    Really, im hoping for opinions on different types of camera systems. Dvr vs wifi cloud. Difficulty of installation. What we SHOULD use vs what we could probably get away with. Again, i have almost no experience with it all.

    submitted by /u/EnergyTakerLad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment