• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 12, 2020

    Home security: Protecting Yard from Stalker

    Home security: Protecting Yard from Stalker


    Protecting Yard from Stalker

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I have a psychopath sneaking into my yard at night and trying to cause mischief. This person has a rap sheet of arrests related to stalking and psychotic episodes, and they are apparently upset with me and have nothing better to do.

    So far, I know that they have broken 2 solar powered lamps that were staked into the ground. The thick plastic poles that supported the lamps were snapped like someone kicked them. One was broken months ago and I shrugged it off. Another was broken a few days ago, and now I have no doubt that it's this person doing it.

    I want to put some hidden motion detecting cameras up to catch them in the act. I am also considering putting up motion detecting lights to scare them away if they enter the yard again. But I am considering holding off on that so that I can get some good footage of them sneaking around in the yard to present to the police so I can file for a restraining order. I've never done that before but I assume it would help to get a restraining order if I have proof and not just saying "My lamp broke."

    I think their game plan is to cause mischief in the sense that it's nothing major, like a broken car window, but it's strange and minor things that I wouldn't be able to file a police report about. They want to create paranoia but not do anything that could get them in trouble. So, I'm not too afraid of them but on the other hand they are mentally ill and I don't want them to escalate to anything dangerous, so ultimately I want to nip this in the bud ASAP.

    If anyone has advice regarding the situation, or how I can booby trap the yard, so to speak, please let me know. I'm budgeting this at $150-200.

    submitted by /u/syntheticsponge
    [link] [comments]

    DSC 4989 wireless keys won't work

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    I have a DSC 1832 with the 5164 two way wireless. The wireless sensors all work fine. But I can't get either of these wireless 4989 keyfobs to work. I enter the last 6 digits of the ESN and have done this over and over to no avail. The keys are enabled and the keys have user codes.

    Any button function on the keys just gives me a long beep with no action.

    What am I missing here?

    submitted by /u/pedals2paddles
    [link] [comments]

    Reccomendation for Security camera set up for 5 acres with no wifi.

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    My mom lives out in the desert and recently her neighbor to my right has decided to be an asshole. She called me to come over because he was throwing rocks at her dogs from his side of the property, the dogs are confined and we have a fence surrounding the entire property. We confronted him about it it and he denied it even though my mom saw him doing it. After that he has been coming around 6 in the morning waking my mom up and agitating the dogs by walking the fence line. Also his land isn't developed so he has no reason to do this other than to be an asshole. I was wondering what would be my best options for setting up cameras out here, the internet is very slow so something that doesn't require internet would be helpful.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/supermans_crystal
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what this white dot in my camera view is?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently put in a new google nest security camera inside my glass door (dude knocked down my other security camera outside from the blind spot - BTW, Swann is shite if you're wondering).

    It has this bright white dot in the FOV, right around the area of a plant growing out of the wall (this is in my back "yard", just a stone wall with plants growing out at spots). Normally, the camera sees very well in darkness, but it's pitch black around this area of illumination. My curtains are closed so minimum light gets out. It remains whether or not my porch light is on. It only appears at night, wondering if getting rid of the bright dot somehow will help the night vision?

    Thanks for any advice, here is a pic of what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/scrmmM4

    Edit: added pic of day time for reference

    submitted by /u/looking2gamemon
    [link] [comments]

    Can't figure out how to turn off door chime

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    My security system

    Had chime on for awhile, got annoying. Can't figure out how to turn it off

    submitted by /u/ariqc
    [link] [comments]

    Physically secure front door?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    I live in a brick building...not faux brick, but ten inches of real bricks and no insulation. That's another issue, but it means that installing a serious front door has some interest to me because you aren't going around it (windows are a different discussion, but essentially covered by steel security screens).

    I was looking at a Turkish security door but they can't make the custom size I needed. Looked at these but they just keep telling me they can't be used as exterior doors (I'm assuming it's just the electronics but hey).

    Is there anyone that actually makes a security door that you can't knock down with a sledgehammer in a few short minutes of whacking it? I found a few manufacturers that looked promising but the product came in over twenty grand and that seems excessive for what I'm trying to do, and definitely more than I want to spend on something I don't know well enough to be certain of.

    Is there anyone that makes just a door that's actually physically secure and doesn't cost as much as a new car?

    submitted by /u/metalski
    [link] [comments]

    How to disarm security system?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    I have found myself locked in my workplace with the alarm set. I have the fob (no buttons just plain) but am clueless I know how to set it- tap the fob four times , enter one number and press enter. The panel is beside the entrance

    Please help I'm really in a pickle

    https://ibb.co/BgM2Znm

    submitted by /u/twofatpigeons
    [link] [comments]

    What happens when home security cameras with SD cards get stolen

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of getting security cameras with SD cards to avoid monthly fees but what if someone steals my camera and take the SD card out? Will I not be able to view the footage?

    Also, how much memory is used on a 1 min footage? The blinkxt2 runs out of memory quick on their cloud storage. Can I store a lot on a 65GB SD card?

    Also, what do I do about monitoring the front of the house with lots of cards and people? The motion sensor always going off. I can gray out the area but the blinkxt2 doesn't record the front that are in a distance, it only detects if they are close by and the distance I'm talking about isn't even that far, maybe like 50 feet and it can't record when someone enters my gate

    submitted by /u/papachigga
    [link] [comments]

    How safe are Wifi IP Cameras?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm looking to buy a security camera, and i looked into the wifi ones.

    From what i saw on setup videos, in order to connect to the camera you need to scan the QR code on the camera itself.

    Doesn't that make it really easy to hack the camera? Or am I just being paranoid?

    Anyone who has one of these and can let me know how they're working so far?

    submitted by /u/Danieloukos
    [link] [comments]

    PoE for Video Doorbells

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but i am curious. Since video doorbells are becoming more and more popular in home securities do you guys think that Power over Ethernet doorbells will be come more popular?

    I'm thinking about running ethernet to my doorbell and thinking about changing it for the Ring Elite. which uses PoE.

    submitted by /u/friskymichalek
    [link] [comments]

    Dahua Wizsense AI series

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    hey guys

    so I decided to upgrade my NVR system and I noticed dahua's new AI series NVR's + Cam's

    I've been wondering if anyone could give a feedback about the new series cause i'm a bit confused

    whether to get a HIKVISION NVR or this Dahua's NVR : https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/All-Products/Network-Recorders/WizSense-Series/NVR4-I-Series/2HDD/NVR4208-8P-I

    what actually attracted me about this new series , is the new cameras that are capable of delivering a real time 25/30 fps at 4k resolution (8mp) , which other camera's are not capable of as far as i checked

    submitted by /u/Fit-Deal2561
    [link] [comments]

    Any ADT dealer here?

    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I have a business which involves customers who have moved to a new location.

    I am looking for an ADT dealer who works with leads. Is there any ADT dealer here who could use my customer base to make sales?

    There will be hundreds of leads everyday from all over the USA.

    submitted by /u/edgycorner
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment