• Breaking News

    Monday, September 7, 2020

    Home security: Modernizing an older system

    Home security: Modernizing an older system


    Modernizing an older system

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    My home came with a security system. Ademco Vista 20P, specifically. However, no instructions, passcodes, nothing from the previous owners. It is currently offline, but I am thinking of bringing it back up. All the door sensors, window sensors, glassbreak sensors, etc are still in place. We are looking into a smart doorbell and some external security cams, and I thought as long as we're adding some security outside, might as well see what I can do inside. Is there a way to retrofit that security system into a smart home system?

    Is the Vista 20P capable of being upgraded in such a way?

    submitted by /u/amateur_reprobate
    [link] [comments]

    Help please. First camera system?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    I need to get cameras for around the perimeter of my house. I can't run wires myself so I was thinking of doing wireless. Can I get some suggestions please?

    • need 4-5 cameras.
    • wireless
    • 7 days or so of recording (what do y'all think)
    • ability to view from phone
    • good to great picture quality

    What do y'all think? There's so many and I don't even know where to start. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/arog3289
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Camera or Doorbell that Allows Storage to Local Server

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    Every smart doorbell I come across seems to either only store to micro SD, requires a subscription to a cloud product, or a mix of the two. I'm looking for either a doorbell (preferable) or security camera that would allow me to back up the files directly to a home computer. If it requires some DIY that's fine, I'm sure I can figure it out from there. I just would like recommendations on a device that allows a little bit more control from the owner of the device.

    submitted by /u/Dont_quote_me_onthat
    [link] [comments]

    Do only fake security cameras have a blinking red light?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Should I enable the red blinking light on the fake cams I obtained, or leave them off? Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Unhooked-
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking a swivel/pivoting dome camera mount

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Does anyone know any manufacturers of dome camera mounts that include a swivel or pivot? Dome cameras typically attach to the ceiling, but I want something closer to a 45 degree angle attachment at some locations, and a 30 degree angle at others. The dome cameras are not PZT, so getting the angle I want requires pitching/angling the camera. Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/bsenftner
    [link] [comments]

    Is the 832 worth it?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    I've just inherited a house with an DSC 832 and a bunch of wired sensors - but there's no working keypads - and so no control. From what I've read, I'll probably need to reset the system to set a new password, but I need to register new keypads first and foremost.

    I looking into adding a wireless keypad, but realized it would cost me 300$ for 2 WT5500 keypads and 115$ for a TR5164 for the wireless connection to the system. At 415$, just to get the system to the point where I can try and reset it and get it working, is there another option you would recommend or am I on the right track?

    submitted by /u/gerbergerbil
    [link] [comments]

    Sick of parents coming into my room. Any recommendations for locks or cameras to detect when they come in?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2020 04:16 AM PDT

    Btw I'm 24, not a rebellious teenager.

    submitted by /u/Shapebuster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment