• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 27, 2020

    Home security: License Plate Recognition camera recommendations?

    Home security: License Plate Recognition camera recommendations?


    License Plate Recognition camera recommendations?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am seriously tired of having weirdos and Lookie Lous drive up our driveway, despite our clearly posted No Trespassing sign. It always seems to happen when I am in the middle of something and can not get to the door or window to ID or speak to the offending party before they disappear. We have an Arlo (Pro) system and a Wyze (indoor cam). Not hugely in love with either of them, and neither one seems to be very good at capturing license plates clearly - and this is only from a distance of maybe 10 feet, not up in the air. Does anyone have any recommendations for better cameras that can *actually* capture license plates so that they are legible in playback? Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/1Surlygirl
    [link] [comments]

    Door Locks: Key in Lever & Deadlock or Deadlock Only

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    I'm currently looking into redoing my doors and am looking at new lock hardware from ASSA ABLOYs Emtek line of products. They are mortise locks that we can upgrade to higher security cores in the future if we would like.

    I am putting deadlocks on front and back doors, but am unsure about a locking handle as well. Does a keyed handle and deadlock combo offer any significant security gains over just a deadbolt? Does it just come down to an additional lock (extra time) to protect against bumping?

    submitted by /u/brend2b
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for Amcrest ProHD to save footage to a local hard drive?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    I have an Armcrest camera and was wondering if I could save the footage it record directly onto local storage instead of having to use their cloud based service?

    If not, what camera would you recommend that lets me hook it up to my PC and save footage directly to my own storage? It can be wired or wireless and it'll be used indoors through a window.

    submitted by /u/Jimbobwhales
    [link] [comments]

    Security system help!

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Hi thank you for taking the time to read! My husband works night shift we are really looking into getting a system I have a larger sized house and really just looking to find something that comes with "everything" (app, video recording when motion is detected etc) I'm also not to familiar with security system any advice will help! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/k_2323
    [link] [comments]

    Best home defense dog for someone who has never owned a dog in his life?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2020 03:13 AM PDT

    I've never owned a dog. I've never had to take care of one for an extended period of time. I've pet dogs in public before. I've dog sat for my friends when they go out, but all that is is feed them, letting them go in the backyard and walking them. And none of them were German Shepards or the usual home defense dogs. They were usually small dogs or golden retrievers or the sort.

    I've read that the typical home defense dogs are really hard to train and care for. And might backfire, say if your friend the dog has never met came by.

    Honestly speaking, I don't have kids or anything like that. I've always been afraid of the responsibility and fucking up and ruining the kids or dogs life.

    But I was broken into last week and according to this sub, a dog and a gun are the most effective home defense for deterrence and prevention of crime.

    I got the guns. Now all I need is a dog. Thing is, I work three jobs. Basically I work and sleep and barely have time to take care of myself, let alone another living thing. I'm not sure how I'll find the time to do weekly gun training, work on myself and take care of a dog at the same time. My daily schedule is pretty much to wake up, take a shower if traffic is normal or light, go to work, go to the next job, then a final part time job. Then go home and eat something and then sleep for a few hours. Then repeat. It's like this for 6 days of the week. I'm not sure if one day a week would be sufficient to show a dog all the love and attention they need to be happy, let alone training it to kill on sight.

    /rant

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/GarageRich
    [link] [comments]

    How do you Stop Ultrasonic Repellent from Working on Guard Dogs?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone. Last month armed robbers broke into my home and harassed us and stole lots of stuff. No one was physically harmed thankfully. We have three Rottweiler dogs who are not pets, they are in the compound for security and are extremely aggressive towards people that they do not know. Despite this the robbers (roughly 7 of them) were undisturbed by the dogs.

    We have reason to believe that they may have been using ultrasonic repellent (It's basically a small remote control that creates noises that disturb dogs and stops them from barking, human ears can't pick up the sound). Therefore I am asking if there are any measures, tools, or gadgets that may be used to counter ultrasonic repellent in the event that it is being abused such as in this manner? If this is the wrong page to post this query on, please accept my apologies and suggest where I may post it. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/AWando
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment