• Breaking News

    Sunday, September 27, 2020

    Home security: Is it possible to set up an old iphone as a camera?

    Home security: Is it possible to set up an old iphone as a camera?


    Is it possible to set up an old iphone as a camera?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:08 PM PDT

    A week ago someone broke into our truck and took all the tools I immediately went and bought a $300 camera system and started watching what happens at night since i live on a big street. The cameras work ok at night but during the day the quality is really bad. Is it possible to put an old iphone 7 in a like box and somehow live stream it to my computer then have my computer screenrecord 24/7??? For better quality.

    submitted by /u/Exlusive1
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Honeywell Ademco Series Vista-20P / Vista-20PSIA / Vista-15P / Vista-15PSIA, according to the manual. How do I identify which board I have?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Offgrid - Battery powered NO wifi outdoor camera needed.

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find something better than a game cam. I'm off grid (no power) and no wifi. My cannabis garden had a few plants stolen and game cams are just junky it seems. there seems to be some decent cameras that are battery powered but they all seem to need wifi. hoping i'm just missing something and i can throw a 128gb card in something. No problem charging the cameras or anything, just no power available over night

    submitted by /u/thebigdirty
    [link] [comments]

    looking for wifi security cam recommendations

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    looking for a wifi cam that will let me send the feed to a local pc or to store it in cloud app that's free. ideally 2k , budget is 200usd

    or an app that will let me upload wifi cam feeds to it

    submitted by /u/bogyburger
    [link] [comments]

    Best wiresless security camera for relatively cheap?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Just had my garage broke into last night and they took some decent stuff skis bikes etc.

    Dont need anything crazy just maybe 1 or two cameras that will see in the dark and provide a bit of ease so these huggligans dont get any more nice bikes.

    Maybe even ones that I can set up the network on my comp and just stream it here? CCTV im not sure this is new.

    Maybe something under 500CAD..

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/IceKream_Sundaze
    [link] [comments]

    How to Prevent Ultrasonic Repellent from affecting Guard Dogs?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Hi Everyone. Last month armed robbers broke into my home and harassed us and stole lots of stuff. No one was physically harmed thankfully. We have three Rottweiler dogs who are not pets, they are in the compound for security and are extremely aggressive towards people that they do not know. Despite this the robbers (roughly 7 of them) were undisturbed by the dogs.

    We have reason to believe that they may have been using ultrasonic repellent (It's basically a small remote control that creates noises that disturb dogs and stops them from barking, human ears can't pick up the sound). Therefore I am asking if there are any measures, tools, or gadgets that may be used to counter ultrasonic repellent in the event that it is being abused such as in this manner? If this is the wrong page to post this query on, please accept my apologies and suggest where I may post it. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/AWando
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Alarm Sound

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    I'm looking at adding a pair of external sirens to my IQ Panel 2+. I have to use PowerG components as anything else doesn't have the range I need.

    That said, is anyone using a custom sound with this? I want to set it to a specific audio file that I would create, not just a blaring siren. I've checked the documentation and haven't found anything yet.

    Has anyone done something like this?

    submitted by /u/Malapple
    [link] [comments]

    Best Integrated Home Security System?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 04:13 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I was looking for the best integrated home security system that includes at minimum;

    • Smart Doorbell
    • Alarm System
    • Security Cameras

    UI is incredibly important to me as well so any help on what would be the best brands that have at minimum these products would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/liquid_solidus
    [link] [comments]

    Installing PoE cameras -- Hoping to utilize old cable TV coax cable runs

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    My 100yr old home has old cable tv coax cables running through the outside walls in the general areas that I want to place security cameras. I'm guessing I shouldn't have any trouble removing that cable and using it to fish the camera's PoE wiring through? Does that sound right?

    Also, any advice for what to use to staple the new wiring to the cementboard siding?

    submitted by /u/bacoes
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend hacks Vivint smart panel

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Hi my ex girlfriend became an unauthorized user on my Vivint smart panel by im guessing using my personal info to answer my security questions. She was breaking into my house and stole a $1400 dimond ring my glasses and keys to my business and got on my computer to get passwords. This happened in 2017 but I just found out about it this year when I found texts between her and her brother on a tablet our daughter uses to watch youtube. Im trying to get more evidence since it happened so long ago. I know longer have Vivint but I still have the smart panel. Does anyone know if the panel stores ip address that logged on?

    submitted by /u/coonavenger
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for upgrade options

    Posted: 26 Sep 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment